My manti elk

Jake571990

LAST EDITED ON Sep-28-16 AT 11:49AM (MST) by Founder (admin)[p]This is my manti elk, it started Saturday when I found him that evening. Couldn't get close enough that night but he bugled his head off. Sunday I looked for him in the evening and he was on 100 yards from where I had seen him sat night. Made a game plan for Monday morning. Monday hiked in to where I had seen him both times. Nothing, not a peep. No response from when I would bugle. So we went for a long hike, turned him up in some quakies. My dad heard a bugle and I knew it was him, I thought we busted him when all his cows saw us but I ran to cut them off. Turns out they weren't spooked, I could see the tips of his antlers from 100 yards and decided to stalk. Belly crawled for 100 yards and let the arrow fly from 30 yards and dropped in sight at about 80 yards

6200120160913051114.jpg

Awesome. Congrats on taking a great bull. How were the elk numbers in that unit? Did you see very many other quality bulls?

-Hawkeye-

That looks like a giant to me..! Way to get it done, and thanks for sharing..!!

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

the elk numbers are good. i hunted around the horseshoes and he was the biggest i had found in 11 days of hunting. i had a shot at a smaller six point twice but i knew of this guy for the past three days so i was holding out.

Great bull, and nicely hunted. Good job.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Congrats on a great bull. The Manti is always a fun hunt. I'm headed down Friday morning to help out a friend that has a rifle tag. We plan on staying the whole hunt if needed. He has been scouting for the past month and also have a buddy that had a archery bull tag and has been there off and on for weeks. He just tagged his bull this morning and is currently packing it out with horses.

Thanks for sharing.

>Great bull - congrats!! I
>would guess he is in
>the 335-345 range for score.
>
>
>Great archery bull on a fun
>unit!

Yep he is 339 1/8

Hey Mr. Jake. Wanted to say good job again!! What a stud bull. How far did you have to pack him out? That is cool your dad was with you. Knowing him I bet he was so pumped for you he prolly packed it out in one piece. Might be the only way he ever gets blood on his hands. Wishing your mom well. I will try and get down there in the next few. Welcome to MM you will find a great bunch of guys here . Your favorite uncle. Rutnbuck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom