my Mid Asian Ibex from Kyrgystan

fullcry

I just returned from a Mid Asian IBEX or some times called Siberian IBEX hunt.
While I very rarely post picture of my hunts on here for obvious reasons, I've had several people ask to see them and want to ask questions. So I thought I would put a few up when I can figure it out. It was an amazing trip.
one of those deals you come home and just shake your head for months...I will put some up ASAP

36551img0111.jpg

71880img0102.jpg

19848img0117.jpg

93478img0108.jpg

37724img0114.jpg

You bet
We knew it would be very cold. -5 to -10 all the time.
so we had a ton of clothes and very good equipment.
Because of the weather we tent camped it.

And we knew it would be high altitude. 14,000 feet
so just crawling into the -25 to -50 degree sleeping bags you breathed hard. LOL
The worst thing was the deep snow. Their weather is a lot like ours in Utah so they don't normally get 3-4 feet of snow in their low country. That was the hardest part of the trip. Hard on men and even harder on those horses. Those pony's are something you just cant believe and some times even after seeing it you just shake your head.
I was really happy with the outfitter and their guides were awesome.
These guys are still pretty new to the business [about 5 years]so their area is very untapped. This goes for their Marco Polo sheep too.They have no Idea what they have over there and their prices are much much cheaper than anybody else.
We decided to go on a January hunt because some of us work construction and it seemed better to go during the off season even though prices are the same in October as January. I think the Oct hunt would be better. LOL
But with out the snow we would have been fine.
The last picture was a plate of meat at a nice restaurant in Bishkek.
It tasted like roast beef and very good. The yellow stuff was fat and tasted horrible..I'm glad to say all the horses were standing when we left camp so we don't have to feel quite as guilty for eating the horse meat.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom