My Only Bull Colorado 2007

sambo3006

I've rifle hunted Colorado unit 62 for bulls twice and cows several times. In 2007 I took my first and only bull with a 320 yard shot from my 338 Ultramag. Even with a shattered shoulder he got back up so I put in another insurance round which put him down. We didn't feel like trying to track a wounded bull through the thick oak brush. This photo was taken where he fell. He isn't a big bull but to this day I grin when I look up at his antlers on the wall.

NRA Life Member

Leftys are the only ones in their right minds--and I ain't talkin' politics!

Congrats. A first bull is one you always remember and for a non limited unit he is a dandy. Well worth smiling about.

Congrats on a fine first bull.
My first was a spike.... over 43 years ago.
Zeke

awesome! They are tough :)

first animals are always right at the top for "trophys" to me. My first bull a 4x4 is on the wall right next to my biggest bull.
I can't say mine was 43 years ago though. I was still about 8 years from still being a thought to anyone ;-)

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

GREAT JOB AND GREAT FIRST BULL. ESPECIALLY IN A HEAVILY PRESSURED UNIT. SOMETHING SPECIAL ABOUTTHE FIRST ONE THAT LIGHTS THE FIRE :)

Coloradoboy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom