My sons first buck

utahbigbull

Well, after making my little man mad for making him wait until the weekend to go deer hunting due to sub par grades, he got it done. We we running low on hope as today was the last morning we could try to get him a buck before having to return home. We were not seeing much all weekend when we decided to glass a very rugged and steep basin. At last we found some bucks and we found a small 4x4 with the group. I looked at my son and asked him if he wanted to down in the bowels after them and with no hesitation told me "let's go get him". He had many missed shots last year and wanted a buck so bad his teeth ached. We found them in a little slot canyon off of a big basin. After dropping down in, we slowly made our way to the top of a small ridge overlooking the little canyon. My boy made a perfect 76 yard shot on his second attempt to seal the deal. My boy was overcome with joy. He does not care how big it is other than his first buck was a 4x4. He was a trooper and hauled the head and back straps out of that hole. I am such a proud dad for him showing such patience, work, and perseverance.
7262image.jpg

376image.jpg

4104image.jpg

congrats to you and your son! Great memories there and views too!
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Very impressive first buck. The picture with him packing his harvest is awesome; would make a great blow picture on the wall

That is simply Awesome! Congratulations.
I agree...Make an 8x10 and hang it on the wall as a motivator to continue the good grades and for the memory.
Best,
Jerry

Nice Job bigbull Jr!

Nice job to you too bigbull!

Two 4 Points!

JUDAS!

You save any Seed?:D

Best Watch Out!
My Arm is starting to Hurt!
I'm about to Itch it!

>Nice Job bigbull Jr!
>
>Nice job to you too bigbull!
>
>
>Two 4 Points!
>
>JUDAS!
>
>You save any Seed?:D
>
>
Bess, we just got lucky this year!! There are no more deer in Utah to hunt. Thanks guys, my boy is proud as a peackock over his first buck being a 4X4. Was a hunt I will never forget!!

The picture I took of you and your boy with his first deer turned out good. I make a decent photographer.

Congrats again to you and your son. Glad I was able to share the experience with you and help you and your son.

Like I told you on the mountain. Helping another hunter, especially a youth and being there to share the experience to me... is just as rewarding as being the shooter. Glad I got to meet you two.

Definetely a hunt he will never forget. He's one tough kid.
BTW... I'm still sore.

Theodore Roosevelt's guidance concerning
conservation...
"The movement for the conservation of wildlife,
and the conservation of all our natural resources,
are essentially democratic in spirit,purpose and
method."

"We do not intend that our natural resources shall
be exploited by the few against the interests of the
majority. Our aim is to preserve our natural
resources for the public as a whole, for the
average man and the average woman who make
up the body of the American people."

"It is in our power...to preserve game..and to give
reasonable opportunities for the exercise of the
skill of the hunter,whether he is or is not a man of
means."

Hey hoss!!!! I cant tell ya enough how we appreciate the help getting him out. It was a fun hunt and always nice to make new friends up on the mountain who have the same passion!! I wish you the best of luck the next couple days and remember, you get your big buck down, dont worry where its at, give me a shout and I'll help ya get it out.

Hey man, Im just glad at least one of us could make it happen after hiking down into there. I guess my time will have to come later. But my boy is feeling better so he will get to at least catch the last couple days of the muzzleloader. Guess we will see what happens. Thanks for the offer to help. I may just take you up on it. My boy has the rifle hunt too if it doesn't work out this week.

Spotting bucks wasn't a problem. Spotting a buck I wanted to shoot was a different story.

I hope your luck continues onto your future hunts and I can see more pictures or even possibly help you out on.
Either way, I enjoyed the time on the mountain. Share some pics when you and Mase get your two 4-points back. Id like to see them.

Cheers

Theodore Roosevelt's guidance concerning
conservation...
"The movement for the conservation of wildlife,
and the conservation of all our natural resources,
are essentially democratic in spirit,purpose and
method."

"We do not intend that our natural resources shall
be exploited by the few against the interests of the
majority. Our aim is to preserve our natural
resources for the public as a whole, for the
average man and the average woman who make
up the body of the American people."

"It is in our power...to preserve game..and to give
reasonable opportunities for the exercise of the
skill of the hunter,whether he is or is not a man of
means."

Very nice, Good 4x4. That looks pretty dang rough down in that hole. Test of a true hunter going down into that hole knowing the trip back out will be harder and heavier. Good Job young man.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

VERY, VERY awesome!!!!! So cool! I'm a freak for hunting with my kids. Nothing compares! :)

S.

:)

PS: If you haven't already, you should post this story in the Youth Hunters section here. ;-)

Thanks guys!! I just showed my son your positive comments and put a HUGE smile on his face. He asked me to put up some more pics to share his experience.
720013.jpg

537215.jpg

Can't pass up any 4x4 for a first deer... That's awesome. :)

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

That's a great buck. My youngest son turned 12 this year and were just looking for the right deer to shoot. He was happy to see other hunters his age getting their deer and says he can't wait for his so he can show it off. Congrats to you guys on your success and thanks for the picture show.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom