My son's Nevada Muley. Unit 131-134

Three weeks ago we bumped some does bedded down at the top edge of a burn in a nice shady valley. I was pretty sure if we went back we might find a nice buck in that same location. We walked to the top of a small rock ledge with some good sight lines down into the valley. This part of the burn has some really deep arroyos carved out that the deer use to move between cover. Not more than 30 seconds after I told my son to be ready this buck jumped up and started walking away from where he was bedded down. He started at about 150 yards moving North East through the trees. He paused a couple of times behind clumps of trees without a clear shot opportunity. He finally stopped in the open at 273 yards to look back before he crested the hill. That was his fatal mistake. One shot from a trusty old Winchester Model 70 chambered in 7mm Rem Mag and he was down. It was a great hunt and a memory that will last a lifetime.
20201024_083923.jpg
20201024_105224.jpg
20201024_105057.jpg
20201024_070400.jpg

Three weeks ago we bumped some does bedded down at the top edge of a burn in a nice shady valley. I was pretty sure if we went back we might find a nice buck in that same location. We walked to the top of a small rock ledge with some good sight lines down into the valley. This part of the burn has some really deep arroyos carved out that the deer use to move between cover. Not more than 30 seconds after I told my son to be ready this buck jumped up and started walking away from where he was bedded down. He started at about 150 yards moving North East through the trees. He paused a couple of times behind clumps of trees without a clear shot opportunity. He finally stopped in the open at 273 yards to look back before he crested the hill. That was his fatal mistake. One shot from a trusty old Winchester Model 70 chambered in 7mm Rem Mag and he was down. It was a great hunt and a memory that will last a lifetime.View attachment 15917View attachment 15918View attachment 15919View attachment 15920
Congrats great buck

Nice buck, congratulations to him. I’m sure you proud.

7mm Rem Mag will get the job done for sure. Congrats on the harvest and more importantly, good job on ya for spending time with your son on an amazing hunt.
I only have one more year with this kid before he leaves home. I get choked up just thinking about him leaving. He is my right hand, a hard worker, an excellent student, and rapidly becoming a proficient woodsman. I couldn't be prouder of him.

We have three weeks until his Nevada bull elk hunt. We are both so excited for this opportunity to go chase some bulls that I can hardly sleep at night without dreaming of elk. There is nothing in the world that I love more than spending time outdoors with my kids.

I only have one more year with this kid before he leaves home. I get choked up just thinking about him leaving. He is my right hand, a hard worker, an excellent student, and rapidly becoming a proficient woodsman. I couldn't be prouder of him.

We have three weeks until his Nevada bull elk hunt. We are both so excited for this opportunity to go chase some bulls that I can hardly sleep at night without dreaming of elk. There is nothing in the world that I love more than spending time outdoors with my kids.

Your first paragraph sums it up. Great job raising a fine young man who will undoubtedly take your teachings well into adulthood.

I've yet to draw an elk tag anywhere, so until then, I will have to live the hunt through you and many others. lol Good luck and I hope you guys take home a monster. :)

Your first paragraph sums it up. Great job raising a fine young man who will undoubtedly take your teachings well into adulthood.

I've yet to draw an elk tag anywhere, so until then, I will have to live the hunt through you and many others. lol Good luck and I hope you guys take home a monster. :)
Thank you sir. Hopefully we'll be posting Bull pictures and huntin' stories in a few weeks.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom