My Utah CWMU Buck

Wasatch

Just wanted to share my CWMU buck that I shot this past weekend! I was a public draw hunter and was treated every bit as well as a private hunter or someone who bought a tag. This hunt was everything I hoped it would be and I'm super happy with the outcome! I wish there was more of a story to share, but honestly we were headed up the road up into the specific spot that I wanted to glass and hunt when we saw this guy just standing there staring at us 50 yards off the road! Sometimes it's just better to be lucky than good!

3dhMZ0.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20211018001.jpg

Congrats on a beautiful buck! I have thought about trying to put in for a CWMU but have been hesitant, so it's good to hear a positive outcome.

Nice buck! Good call on taking advantage of an early opportunity.

How about sharing which CWMU it was, just so people can know the good from the bad.
Agreed - not all CWMU's are created equal. Some are great to public hunters and others are far from it.

That's a great buck for sure! I've had the same experience with CWMU's. I've hunted or been along on hunts on over a dozen and never had a bad experience.------SS

Just wanted to share my CWMU buck that I shot this past weekend! I was a public draw hunter and was treated every bit as well as a private hunter or someone who bought a tag. This hunt was everything I hoped it would be and I'm super happy with the outcome! I wish there was more of a story to share, but honestly we were headed up the road up into the specific spot that I wanted to glass and hunt when we saw this guy just standing there staring at us 50 yards off the road! Sometimes it's just better to be lucky than good!

View attachment 55623
Awesome buck that smile matches the spread!!!

Great classic mule deer, perfect in My Record Book.

Thank the CWMU owner/operator for managing a great ranch and for treating sportsmen so well.

Congratulations to all involved.
Thank you everyone for the kind comments!
@2lumpy, actually I did just what you suggested a day or two after my hunt. I shared the same photo and thanked him for providing the opportunity and experience! Makes me wonder how often owners/operators ever hear back from hunters regarding success and/or gratitude…

Congrats on the fine buck. That’s awesome to hear that you had a great experience on the CWMU.

View attachment 55623
What CMWU were you on Nice buck

Super buck.
clap_1_.gif

Love those heavy horns.

Nice buck! I've been on 3 CWMU public draw hunts. All were better than a general season hunt. But none were as good as a regular limited entry hunt. Too bad point creep is skyrocketing.

Wasatch. Great heavy buck and pic. I'm betting that may make it into the year end vote for one category or another to vote on.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom