My Utah RMBH Ram

elkhunterUT

Very Active Member
I posted my full story in the 2022 Hunt Adventure thread-link here if you want to read: https://www.monstermuleys.info/xf/threads/2022-luck-of-the-draw.196288/

Here are some pics of my Utah Rocky Mtn Bighorn sheep (California sub-species) that I shot yesterday. Quite the hunt and experience that pushed me hard!

5FB23F52-7AEC-4204-9327-516E68352A04.jpeg
046EEDD9-3E65-4F93-8477-40DB83402248.jpeg
3205F826-A625-4113-A01A-E34E700ADD02.jpeg
FEE4E763-55BB-4BF8-9B5D-22D800E58B46.jpeg
CF677D44-1334-4AF7-90C8-4A17B63521F1.jpeg

What an adventure. From helping with installation of water catchment for the sheep to getting a nice ram. What did the biologist age him at?
Base and length measurements?
Now the big question. Where to put the mount in your house. I think sheep euros are awesome. But having reproduction horns made for the mount cost twice what the mount alone will cost.

Great ram in an awesome place.
What did the state age him at?
Congrats!
What an adventure. From helping with installation of water catchment for the sheep to getting a nice ram. What did the biologist age him at?
Base and length measurements?
Now the big question. Where to put the mount in your house. I think sheep euros are awesome. But having reproduction horns made for the mount cost twice what the mount alone will cost.
I have an appointment tomorrow morning with the DWR to get him plugged and aged but I think he is around 7 based on rings I can see/count. He is very smooth at his bases so harder to see rings and I am a newb when it comes to counting rings on sheep horns ?

He is right at 14” on both bases and 26.5” on the longest horn.

I am having @Uttaxi1 do the taxidermy work with a left turn shoulder pedestal mount on barnwood with some habitat. Can’t wait to see the finished product!!??

Well done!
They're a cool critter and way fun to hunt.... if we didn't put so much pressure on ourselves. haha

Best,
Zeke

Congratulations on the Ram.
You definitely spent the time and got your share of a once in a lifetime experience. I loved your enthusiasm and drive for this opportunity. Thanks for sharing with us.
Thank you!! I really appreciated the info & encouragement you shared and connecting me with the guzzler project! Definitely added to the overall experience!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom