My Western Arizona Desert Ram

Buxndiverdux

What an incredible hunt, with a truly dedicated group of guys. It was everything I ever dreamed of and more. Never really even thought I'd be able to sheep hunt, so when I drew in the random pass with 20 points, I was stunned. And to be honest, after its all done, I'm still stunned. I can't thank those western AZ and eastern CA boys enough for all their help and expertise. I truly couldn't have done it solo from NC by myself. What an adventure...

hk1fyAS.jpg

BPWHzMB.jpg

KZz1vpn.jpg

N6M11Ja.jpg

That's an incredible ram! I'm sure you also made some life long friends and memories. Very few hunters ever have the chance to experience what you have.
Well done, and thanks for sharing

Helluva score for a desert ram (any ram)! Freakin' STUD.
Well done (again) on the ram harvest and score be damned but thanks for sharing the lofty numbers anyway. It does give us a better idea of how fabulous of a ram he is.
I love your smile too! Glad to see a pic of someone pleased with the outcome of a hard hunt.

Zeke

That is a huge desert! Awesome. When I drew NV desert - against long odds like you did, I had a resident come and help me out. It was an awesome experience and he was extremally knowledgeable and it really made the hunt twice as amazing.

That is a huge desert! Awesome. When I drew NV desert - against long odds like you did, I had a resident come and help me out. It was an awesome experience and he was extremally knowledgeable and it really made the hunt twice as amazing.
I had a connection there from hunting desert bucks 20+ years ago on the OTC archery tags. Those guys suggested I put in for sheep, so I did. Sheep wasn't really on the radar at the time, but I figured I might as well put in since I was applying for deer, elk and antelope.

When I drew the tag, I called those guys from way back in the day. Those guys weren't able to help me, but they did hook me up with some incredible local guys that specialize in that area. It was a huge help and incredibly worth it to have those guys and rely on their experience and knowledge of field judging rams, logistics and everything really. Comradery at camp, the teamwork aspect, and to get to share the moment with guys that live for sheep hunting made the experience. Even more so, when the guys I hunted with are sheep experts, and most of them have never killed a ram. Think about that for a minute....

We looked over dozens of rams, while scouting and hunting and they were all really nice rams, and most of them were beyond my expectations. Lots of pictures taken and analyzing of rams at camp after dinner. We walked away from many rams that were great trophies. They kept saying we will find the rams we are looking for, it will just take some time and effort. When we finally got this ram found, it didn't take very long for them to decide it was time to shoot. I think it took me 2 seconds and one head turn to know I'd be happy, and I don't think it took them more than a minute or 2 to tell me to shoot. I knew this had to be a no doubt ram because we had previously studied several for 30 minutes or more with all the angles.

When I shot the ram and got to him, I was immediately gratified with everything about him, but keep in mind it was the first one I've seen up close and dead. The look on those guys faces when they were taking it all in really set the precedent for me of what kind of ram it was. When the local guys are temporarily speechless, you know you are looking at a special ram.

Not only is ADO a great crew for Desert Sheep, if the rest of the guys are as much fun as Brooks, you can’t help but have a great time while hunting. I had the privilege of hunting with him and Matt St. Martin in California and it was the most enjoyable of my sheep hunts by far.

Congrats on taking an incredible Ram!

Not only is ADO a great crew for Desert Sheep, if the rest of the guys are as much fun as Brooks, you can’t help but have a great time while hunting. I had the privilege of hunting with him and Matt St. Martin in California and it was the most enjoyable of my sheep hunts by far.

Congrats on taking an incredible Ram!
Brooks is a great guy. All of them are.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom