Mystery Ranch not made in USA?

Rie bread

Very Active Member
So i went to look at and try on to see what pack fit the best and was surprised to see made in Vietnam!? i I thought this was a USA built company? The sticker price doesn’t reflect this cheaper labor.

so does anyone have an alternative recommendation?

I believe Exo Mountain Gear are made in the USA.

hey thanks Ill check those out. seek outside revolution frame is what i’m eyeing.
That's what I have with the Peregrine Bag. Could not be happier, Lightweight, comfortable and worked great packing out an elk this year. I have a bad back, found myself with less back trouble having the support of the frame.

Mystery Ranch use to be made in i think Bozeman MT. When i got my mystery ranch they were made in Montana at the time
a friend of my wife’s works for them and it sounds like it’s a more recent change.

i’m sure they will be good packs still i just keep my spending domestic.

That's what I have with the Peregrine Bag. Could not be happier, Lightweight, comfortable and worked great packing out an elk this year. I have a bad back, found myself with less back trouble having the support of the frame.
totally my normal back packing bag is fine until there’s 80# of meat in it. that’s good to hear the support and padding works well.

really the frame is what i was interested in the mystery ranch. so the revolution looks more what i need. iv got an old ultra frameless pack that ima canablize to fit i think. i’ll post picks if i pull the tigger.

I recently picked up a Mystery Ranch bino case. So far so good. Was eating Thai food right before I purchased so I stuck with the made in far east theme. ?

I recently picked up a Mystery Ranch bino case. So far so good. Was eating Thai food right before I purchased so I stuck with the made in far east theme. ?
it tough cause i’m really like to see stuff in person before i buy and mystery ranch is a build i would defiantly buy but alas my made in america principles. vote with your dollar they say.

my wife and i wana have a good vacation to thailand some day

Problem with most of the made in the USA stamped products is 99% of all the materials come in from overseas !!! They might be sewn together or assembled in the US but parts & materials are NOT made here !!

So i went to look at and try on to see what pack fit the best and was surprised to see made in Vietnam!? i I thought this was a USA built company?
Many products in their line were made in the USA. Nowadays, you'll need to look carefully for the "Made in the USA" tag to be sure.

To that end, I use their Metcalf and Marshall bags and am very happy with both.

They do make a lot of bags here in the US but mainly to satisfy customers seeking Berry Compliance (Military and other government agencies). The bags made in Vietnam and Philippines are for those looking for lower cost options and do not need Berry compliance.

Many products in their line were made in the USA. Nowadays, you'll need to look carefully for the "Made in the USA" tag to be sure.

To that end, I use their Metcalf and Marshall bags and am very happy with both.

They do make a lot of bags here in the US but mainly to satisfy customers seeking Berry Compliance (Military and other government agencies). The bags made in Vietnam and Philippines are for those looking for lower cost options and do not need Berry compliance.
the metcalf is the one i was looking at, 550 for a backpack not made in the US is a lot of you ask me.

the metcalf is the one i was looking at, 550 for a backpack not made in the US is a lot of you ask me.
Can't argue with you on that one. It is pricey for sure. After I bought my Metcalf and took it home, I discovered it was missing a buckle. I called customer service and they overnighted me the missing buckle with a handwritten apology. It was a little thing but that gesture sold me on the brand.

One other thing, GoHunt and other retailers run sales on the Metcalf (and other models). I want to say last time they were on sale, they were right under $400. Ok, I'm done pitching...lol

Can't argue with you on that one. It is pricey for sure. After I bought my Metcalf and took it home, I discovered it was missing a buckle. I called customer service and they overnighted me the missing buckle with a handwritten apology. It was a little thing but that gesture sold me on the brand.

One other thing, GoHunt and other retailers run sales on the Metcalf (and other models). I want to say last time they were on sale, they were right under $400. Ok, I'm done pitching...lol
i live close to their HQ so maybe i can stop by and see if they have some made in the USA packing lying around

Blacks Creek Outfitters, made right here in Idaho, excellent quality heavy-duty packs, Sandy will help you out if you drop in and see what they have

I used an Eberlestock x 2 for years and it was a very good pack for everything except packing a load of meat out when you killed something. I did it a couple times but with great discomfort. I wanted that ability so I bought a Mystery Ranch Pintler a few years ago. I tried out 3 different packs and I just thought theirs's was the best built. The load shelf works pretty well and the pack is capable of hauling more than most guys can carry if necessary. The material is very tough but fairly noisy going through the brush and the adjustable frame tends to squeak somewhat as time goes by. That being said I think they are the best buy in that price range. The next up step up in packs will probably cost you a couple hundred more. If money was no concern I would consider exo.

i don’t wear camo

seek outside and mystery ranch are my top picks. i know MR isn’t made in the USA but there’s is something to be said getting to check out the packs and the positive reviews.

still haven’t made it to the factory. i’ll try this fridays

This is appalling! If anyone has a Metcalf or Marshall bag that needs to be properly disposed of please let me know. I am happy to help.
Picked one up a couple months ago for a great price and it an awesome pack for what I need.
5B17E64D-B35F-458A-A02B-6EF6B09F9AFB.jpeg

Just passing this along in case anyone is interested in the Mystery Ranch packs. GoHunt is having a President's Day (prices good through this weekend).

Here's a sample but many more models are on sale:

Metcalf
$394

Marshall
$449

Not associated or affiliated with them in any way other than being a happy customer.

Just passing this along in case anyone is interested in the Mystery Ranch packs. GoHunt is having a President's Day (prices good through this weekend).

Here's a sample but many more models are on sale:

Metcalf
$394

Marshall
$449

Not associated or affiliated with them in any way other than being a happy customer.
gah might be getting one. heard all the repairs are done in the usa

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom