Mystery Ranch vs Kuiu

MIG

Hey guys, I am in the market for a new pack. I need one for backpack hunting and day hunting. I have narrowed down to the Kuiu 7200 pro or a Mystery Ranch Metcalf or Beartooth 80 or Marshal. I'd appreciate any suggestions and input. Thanks

I've had a lot of packs over the years including the MR Metcalf. I currently use a Seek Outside Peregrine for day hunts and shorter backpacking trips. It is a significantly better pack than the Metcalf.

Hasbean

If you want the very best pack available I would seriously look at Kifaru or Stone Glacier. They may be a little more expensive but worth every penny! You can likely pick up a nearly new set up on Rokslide.com's classified section for about 1/2 price!

I've looked at Kifaru and Stone Glacier but they seem to be on the heavy side. Am I wrong?

Just my 2 cents but if you are only day hunting you really do not need a 7200.. I have the 5200 & use it for everything from day horn hunts to 3 or 4 day back country hunts. Has more room than I have ever needed & I have Never used the top bag weighs in at 5 # will haul more weight than I ever care to pack .. EXO has some awesome packs as well not sure how they stack up weight wise !!

+1 for Seek Outside from me. Just bought mine this last hunting season and I've loved it. Call in to Seek Outside and ask for Nathan. Tell him you've been looking at other packs and want to know what sets Seek Outside apart.

I’ve used a lot of packs in mylife, I’m 61 years old . Been using the Kuiu 3200 and 5200 for some years now. I can feel the difference in weight now that I’m older. I’ve packed a lot out on my Kuiu packs and never had a problem. All of the packs mentioned are great, especially compared to packs of 20 years ago. I would definitely try them on before buying

Hey guys, I am in the market for a new pack. I need one for backpack hunting and day hunting. I have narrowed down to the Kuiu 7200 pro or a Mystery Ranch Metcalf or Beartooth 80 or Marshal. I'd appreciate any suggestions and input. Thanks

I have several of the KUIU packs and have been very pleased with them. I’ve used various sizes from day trips to multi day spike camp hunts. I’ve packed out a quartered antelope with day gear in a mid size ultra & up to an elk hind quarter in my larger pro pack. The packs are legit. The best advice I could give would be to learn the proper way to pack your gear / animal, if you don’t already know. That was my own biggest mistake when I first started multi day hunts. Learning how to properly load your pack makes a huge difference regardless of which manufacturer you decide to go with.

Mystery Ranch for this guy.

4 quarters, cut meat, head and day hunting gear in the Grizzly pack. Also pictured is a bear hide and skull in the Cabinet pack.

C5FCEB23-667E-428B-9D57-9D19085DF07A.jpeg

DFB1343C-930B-4551-8AA2-A6C59CEF262C.jpeg

I have the Kifaru Fulcrum. Love it. Cant complain about the weight at all once it's on your back its amusingly comfortable and light. Just bought my son kuiu pack. Yes the Kuiu pack is lighter. But quality of material and long term durability will definitely go to the Kifaru Fulcrum without a doubt. Main reason I bought the Fulcrum is you can go up 7800 ci then down to 1800 ci as a day pack. I've packed out 3 elk and one oryx and worked amazing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom