n slope/summit bull moose tag,

2kuduhunter

After many yrs applying i drew this tag. Anyone have any info to help out? I have not set foot in this area so anything is appreciated. thanks, JS

good luck . my cusin had this tag last year spent whole season up there biggist moose seen 20 incher. did not fill tag 4000. miles on truck . wore 4 horses blisters on feet . no moose .found 3 spike moose on henrys fork . advice scout and find one sit on him . we scouted never found any .hope for snow. to push them low. hunted 2 years ago with freind .he took 35" 2 last day because of snow. why pm .if have ?.

This unit isn't as good as it has been in the past. I've seen some dandy bulls in this unit in the past, but the #'s and the quality have gone down. you have to scout and hunt harder. However, there are still some good bulls to be had. You will need to scout though to find a good bull. The high country usually has better potential early in the season, but the snow can push some of the better bulls down closer to the roads later in the season. Be prepared if you get one down in the high country. It will take some packing to get it out. It would be pretty tough to get one out without a horse. A bull moose is big, but you don't realize how big until you put one down and walk up to it.

Thanks guy's. Any info is better than none. I'm going to try to get down there late july when the snow melts and look around. Anyone else want to chime in? JS

I hiked to King's peak 2 years ago and saw a dandy bull just north of gunsight pass. It was early Sept (might have been late August), I think, and the bull was between Dollar Lake and Gunsight pass. I would guess him at around 36" with good paddles. He was still in velvet but I'm sure his antlers would have been pretty close to full grown by that time of year.

That's a long ways from the trailhead so listen to the good advice others have given you. Be perpared for one heluva pack-out!

I also have heard that it's tougher than it once was.
Good luck!

Zeke

Helped my buddies wife on a cow moose 2 years ago saw several cows but no bulls this a tough unit now. Saw a yearling bull last week and 2 cows by bear river lodge good luck

have been seeing big ones up around whitney resvoir.
got a decent one on my trail cam but don't know how to post pics.

"MUTTMAN"
no guts, no story!

Was camped on the eastern shore of Mirror Lake the night of 12 Aug last week and a guy fishing the shore yelled "Gotta moose down here". Turned and looked, watch a young cow go running through the tree's and passed the guy fishing, then to the tree's and through the campground. Pretty cool if you ask me!!

Thanks guy's, Any current info is really appreciated. I will be down there 9/14 to get started. JS

thanks to everyone that provided info on this hunt. I was able to spend a week in this unit in July and located this bull while he was in velvet. I relocated him on day 4 of season and punched my OIL tag. Thanks to Utah for the tag and chance to hunt. Special thanks to stinkbug! http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/8730moose_takin_a_nap!!!jpg

picture no worky for some reason. Anyone who wants to see it pm me your email and i will gladly send it. thanks, Joe

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom