Name that location

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
Here's a pic of where I've been elk hunting with my dad since 1990. It's been one of my favorite places on earth ever since. I just got back Friday from elk hunting. I had a 350ish bull under 30 yards at full draw 3 times but never got a shot becuz if how thick it is.
Take some guesses!
3637image.jpg

Traditional >>>------->

Rock Springs. That area is my favorite place as well. No shortage of other hunters but worth the work. You got me beat, I have been hunting that area every year since 2001. I doubt I will ever go elsewhere. I was up there on Sat and Sun. Miserable rainy mess. Mainly looking for a deer but saw better bulls than anything.

A couple of years ago in late October, I was sitting on top of a nearby peak looking, through my spotter, at a bald eagle that was perched on top of that shed. As I was watching him I could see the tines of a bull come up over the crest of the peak. A nice 5 point. The eagle flew off and the bull bedded at the base of the shed.

It's a nice hike to the peak. Your calves will let you know you did it.

We ran into some guys at the shack Saturday. We were on horseback. Wasn't you was it?

Traditional >>>------->

LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-14 AT 04:44PM (MST)[p]This was my dad and I hiking up to a good bull just below the shack. Never got on him. Almost killed my dad. :)
9925image.jpg

Traditional >>>------->

Take it easy on your old man! He's been through a lot..... He is a tough one!

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom