Navajo Res. Buck

D

DeerKing

Here is a photo Dondi Begay sent me to post. Don't know much about it other than it was taken by him on the Navajo Reservation during the archery season. Congrats on the buck Dondi, nice looking deer.

f9cda347.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-04 AT 03:18PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-04 AT 03:17?PM (MST)

Nice bucks

Yello- what the hell was that "no shoot em horns" sh*t about ? Your a bigot aren't you ? man that's a sad way to live, because you have to surround yourselved with others like you.

Hey Hawk, you can come down off you perch after you read this bit of info. The top picture (the only one that I saw earlier) looks like a bullet splintered the right antler near the eye guard. My premise was that the hunter ( who I have know idea who he is) was shooting at his headgear instead of his front shoulder. Upon further examination it appears that what I was looking at was a license or tag.

PS..FYI my wife is a minority and my best friend is too.

>Hey Hawk, you can come down
>off you perch after you
>read this bit of info.
>The top picture (the only
>one that I saw earlier)
>looks like a bullet splintered
>the right antler near the
>eye guard. My premise was
>that the hunter ( who
>I have know idea who
>he is) was shooting at
>his headgear instead of his
>front shoulder. Upon further examination
>it appears that what I
>was looking at was a
>license or tag.
>
>PS..FYI my wife is a minority
>and my best friend is
>too.

hi my name is Dondi k Begay that's my buck on top i shot him 01-12-04 on the navajo res in unit 5 white clay area on the late archery hunt great hunt i had shots every day at nice buck man they were rutting it was great i had shot at a really nice bucks i saw some monsters out there i was going to pass this buck up but after i saw the mass i could'nt i got him in the sage flats that's were i always hunt in the sage i don't know if it's like that else where i found out over the years that's where the big boys hang out. i shot him at 30 yards threw the brisket he only went 30 yards and die then i thank god for the deer and, his great creation he made for us hunters i don't know if you can see my blue hat it say's john 3;16 jesus loves you enjoy ps that is my tag on the horn warp with plastic later's

Torsal,

Great deer and thank you for the story and the pictures. I love the mass that deer has at its bases. Did you see any more good deer this year?

Drummond

I don't know if you every been too he navajo res because we have 100's of mule deer when i was hunting i ran into some guys from tenn. they could'nt believe all the deer they were seeing they said that they were seen 30 bucks a day and that's just one place where i was hunting i was seen about 100 deer a day and they were really rutting it was awesome this buck i shot i saw the day before he was figthing a 35 inch 5x5 i stock him and got to shot at him but miss one was 80 yards i miss but he had his nose up a doe butt and, did'nt care the doe ran rigth toward me and the second shot was 50 yards on a hill side i shot and my arrow hit a lime and,i miss that was it for the doe she bolted out of with the buck so the next day i set up where i thoughtthe buck was going to come out i postion myself in a six foot ditch in the sage flats about 80 yards from the tree line about three this buck show up with 10 does they about 90 yards in front of me i used the ditch and, walk rigth up to him and, took the shot i shot him straigth on rigth threw the brisket i hit all heart i shot a couple of deer this way forget the borad side shot hahahahaha . we produce alot of trophy buck every year but i heard that B/C don't reconize navajo bucks for the book i know for a fact that the res had many bucks this year that went over 200 inch i seen one that was a 215 4x4 that weigth 245 pounds guttie out and had 8 inch base now i don't care what anybody say's but the king was slade that day what awesome looking deer that was that was druing the rifle hunt later's dondi

Great buck: You might check your facts about B and C not excepting trophies from the Rez. I'am sure they will if it was in fair chase. Rick

Torsal,
That's a great looking buck. Congrats! It really has some great character with all that mass. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Dondi, great buck. How has Harry Dejolie done this year? Thanks for the pictures......... Allen Taylor......

HARRY IS MY GOOD FRIEND HE KNOWS DEER YOU SHOULD TELL HIM TO POST ALL HIS PICS OVER THE YEARS MAN HE HAS HARVESTED SOME MONSTER BUCKS HUNTING HIM SELF AND GUIDING IF I WERE TO HIRE A GUIDE IT WOULD BE HIM SO COME ON POST YOUR PIC SHOW THE MULE DEER OF THE RES LATER'S

We'd all die to see a pic of hear more about the 215 buck man!!

The only time I"ve been near there I was down in Page taking a house boat out on the lake. I was with a bunch of family that didn't care about horns. All I wanted to do was dock the boat and head up Navajo mountain looking for bucks and sheds, but never got too!!!

That is awesome looking country and undoubtedly has tons of big bucks.

Can non-Navajos hunt the res??

Nice buck,

Ernie

Hey Torsal,
What kind of animals winter on the reservation? Do you ever get time to go shed hunting? That would be awesome if you could find where the big boys wintered!
YB

Hey Dondi,
Great buck dude. Looks like you had a great hunt. I do know of four bucks taken were over 200" plus B&C. A couple friends and there bucks might be in Trophy Hunter Magazine soon. One buck you have seen, when it was checked in at the N.F.&W. office. It's the one you call the King. I taped him at 202"B&C non-typical, with a couple 4" & 5" kickers. Another buck I'm very, very familiar with, taped at 203"B&C, 198" typical frame. The other two, I heard taped at 208"B&C, and 215"B&C. The King, as Dondi calls him, and the biggest buck were taken by Navajo hunters. AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME. One last thing Dondi, don't tell these horn crazed nuts where you hunt. Shame on you. J/K dude. Smell you later.

J.H. in Flagstaff, AZ.

hey dude what's up? think i would do that ! you know how it goes you say's you got it one place but where did you really get it ahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahaha and, you got it bro i'll never do it man you know ( tell) j.h why don't you post all your bucks you taken over the years and give the outside a peek at what we got here on the res see you out in the bush later's

yes a non-navajo can hunt the res check for the regs they should be out in may later's

Hey do you know the price for one of the no-res tags for the rez. i bet it is pretty spendy. i have been looking all over for the cheapest places with the biggest bucks.

All permits are on a draw. Permits cost from $500-$4,000 for non-navajo hunters. Good luck.

Rezbuck- what do your do as far as managing your herds for optimal growth. Got any management advice to give out or could you put me in touch with someone who does?

Hawk33
All big game permits are on a draw system. From 1-8 permits issued for Trophy Units. General unit permits issued range from 20-250 permits per unit. Depending on game denseties in that particular unit. Big Game permits issued are not in the high hundreds or even thousands, like most other places. Go figure!HUH!

For more information contact Navajo Fish & Wildlife Office, (928)871-6451.

Rezbuck

I bet you guy'z will see twice as many applicants fore those few tags after this post!!!:D

Nice arch buck Torsal. Congrats. I bet that was an exciting hunt and kill, too get into that many "Big Boys", and end up w/ a very respectable finish.

I hope we all get the priveledge to see your buddies animals, as I know that I speak for more than a few of us!!!

YollaBolly:
FYI
Boone & Crockett states that "All trophies from the lower 48 states are listed in the records books by county and state. Bucks taken on the rez. must be file, either in New Mexico or Arizona. So, they will take them.
What a hog!!!!

ALL HUNTING ON THE NAVAJO REZ IS FAIR CHASE!!!!!!! Rick.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom