NE Oregon to Casper

Murphy

In mid-October,assuming the roads are clear, what's the best way to go? Catch Hwy 26 out of Idaho Falls and take it into Casper or take Hwy 30 from Pocatello to 80 then north from Rawlins to Casper? Kind of leaning towards 26 but would like to know what I'm getting into. If storms hit early I'll probably go with 80 but would like some advice.

Don't assume Oct. in Wyo, but I'd say stick with 80 to Rawlins and it's only 110 miles to Casper from there. It'll probably be a quicker trip if the mileage is a wash, and the freak snow-blower by the Divide and Green Mountain at that time of year is usually nothing that can't be dealt with 'cause of still relatively warm tarmac. The other route might get you a flash freeze that can bring early slippery stuff for a moment or two, but the maintenance from Rock Springs into Casper is good when stuff hits, and you ain't coming here in January, when fun things happen on the Interstate.
Good Luck on your Hunt!

Rump

If you want some good scenery and can afford the time, head east out of Rawlins a few miles and get off in Sinclair. Take the road that leaves Sinclair North up through Seminoes Reservior. My Dad and I go that way to the ranch we hunt near Alcova. It is a beautiful drive and you'll see a lot of goats along with some gorgeous scenery. Well worth the extra time IMO.

Steve

Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. I set this hunt up to get 3 nephews into a hunt but as it gets closer I'm getting as excited as them. We're hunting out of Kaycee.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom