Nebo Mt. Goat tag

ElkManDan

I got lucky and drew the Nebo any weapon Mt goat tag this year. I'm curious if anyone on here drew the archery tag up there. I watched the goats all winter on one of the mountains just up above my house but haven't gotten up to where they are at this summer as much as I'd like to. I also have an archery deer tag up there. I plan on using the first couple weekends of the deer hunt looking for goats and then go after a buck if I see a nice one.
If anyone has the archery tag and would like some company, and also help packing one down if you are successful, hit me up.

PM sent.

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security.

Thomas Jefferson

Hey ElkManDan,

How did you fare on your Nebo mtn goat hunt? I'm doing a little research on that area...

MVIMG_20190923_100755~2.jpg
IMG_20190924_074529.jpg
I had a good hunt, I went up solo with my bow. I was able to get on 3 Billies and after blowing a stalk in the early afternoon, I found them again just before last light and was able to arrow one of them. It was a rodeo trying to get pictures and cape him out for a full body mount by myself on that steep hillside. I ended up having to tie him to a tree to keep him from tumbling down the mountain.

Very nice and well done!

I've watched those goats a bunch on the back side. Deer hollow and Crab creek.

It looks like you scored on the face,
Above Woodland Hills?

Very nice and well done!

I've watched those goats a bunch on the back side. Deer hollow and Crab creek.

It looks like you scored on the face,
Above Woodland Hills?
In the winter I see them a lot above woodland hills but all summer and fall the ones I found up there were mainly on loafer, that pic is in the basin between Santaquin and Loafer

Hello Deerkiller, Non res from Pa. I applied with 11 pts. chances are low. I use to put in for Willard peak, nanny. was trying to draw any tag before I get too old to goat hunt. I put in after your post of your hunt, hope its not too difficult to pull off if I actually draw. congrats on your hunt brother!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom