Need 7UM recipes for friend

C

cohntr6

LAST EDITED ON May-18-04 AT 11:58PM (MST)[p]Sorry i dont get to this forum much but a friend of mine who is a reloading nut is looking for handload recipes for 7mm ultra mag. HE has had difficulty getting some. I thought I would be a buddy and look for him on MM. I believe he has the Rem. model 700 with a 24" barrel. I think that is the lss? Thanks
Jeff

Cohntr6, I've spent considerable time working up loads for the 7 ultra,in a Remington 700 LSS. What kind bullets is he planning to work with as he starts to work up his loads? There is published load data out there, he needs to check out the powder and bullet manufactures manuals. Let me know what you find out and maybe I could help with some of the questions that he may have. Best regards, Scott

RangerCon is right, there are a number of loads listed for the 7 ultra. Another site you may consider is www.reloadersnest.com they also have loads listed for this caliber. Something that you need to be sure of, for the sake of safety ,is that all loads that you find on the internet should be cross referenced with published load data. I've looked at loads on both websites, some are just fine and correlate with published data, others are on the "ragged edge" and some are just plain asking for a "wreck", i.e., way over suggested max loads! Your friend needs to use careful judgement in making his choices if using loads off of the internet. Just some advice and my own opinion. Scott

Yes, great advise!! Cross reference all loads!! I should have stated that. Shame on me.

I have come across a few loads from time to time that a guy MEANT IMR4350, but typed H4350, and stuff like this can get you jammed up!! Happens all the time.

I always seem to get the Reloder powders mixed up. Stay safe!! Had a bad encounter with my .300 RUM once. Grabbed a can of RL22 thinking it was RL25...YIKES!! Blew the primer, bolt stuck, you get the picture.

http://stevespages.com/page8.htm
This link has helped me sooo much in my pursuit of accurcy.

Thanks! He is a big fan of Nosler bullets and is interested in the new accubond bullet I believe in 160 gr. He does want to look at a few different grain bullets though. He did call aND TALK TO someone at Nosler and got no help from them..."it is on the to do list." I'll get some more details from him and send him the links you guys posted...thanks again.
Jeff

yep 160 grain bullets (probably nosler accubond) and rotumbo powder. Any books out there yet? Reloadersnest didnt have anything he didnt already know. any other websites?
Thanks,
Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom