Need 90/10 on super tags?

wyoflythrower

This is crazy, These are premium Wyoming tags and 10 out of 11 went to Non-Residents of Wyoming! This is Wyoming wildlife so how does this happen? I think the trifecta should be guaranteed to a resident no matter how many non residents apply. Maybe residents should get some type of bonus point or multiplier? Or maybe resident raffle costs should be cheaper so residents can buy way more? What do you guys think??

04FF3C34-D963-43ED-A666-9F583DD73AD0.png

You can buy more tickets next time. Or better your odds and buy tickets in another state like everyone else does. You can hunt every single animal in every single unit available to the super tag and more if you’re a resident and you put in your time.

Let's just pull the band aid off and prohibit hunting on all federally owned land right now and end this debate once and for all.

Yup. And all we hear over and over on this forum is the R’s always complaining about the NR’s whining and complaining!

I’m sure a couple on here will twist this around just like every other issue and nobody else has a valid point.

Maybe next year the R’s will get a bill passed requiring NR’s to purchase their tickets at 100 times the cost that R’s pay for theirs?

I was surprised us non residents could put in. Utah has the Sportsman's tags that are for res only. Nevada has the same Silver State tag draw for residents only. Put the one each species Governors tags up for auction to the highest bidder and leave the Super Tags for res only. Would raise more money and your odds would go to 1 in 10,000 or so :)

If I were to move for some reason to Wy I'd be bummed if it stayed for non residents to apply.

Cheers, Pete

I figured this list would frustrate Wyoming applicants when I saw the email yesterday. They raised a lot of money and people bought more tickets than I was anticipating. It just goes to show that the supply and demand economics are extreme in the hunting world. Most of us will draw and hunt 2 or 3 premium or once-in-a-lifetime hunts in our life if we are incredibly lucky.

That's why these lotteries, the hunt expo...are so appealing.

Yes, WY residents deserve 90/10 on the super tags.

But make sure to do it the "Wyoming Way".

1. Sell $50M in raffles tags to NRs telling them they have even odds with residents.

2. AFTER you have the money, change to 10% NR allocation and refuse refunds.

Of course, what wyoming is doing with moose/sheep is even worse than this as it also includes PP to BP-exponent conversion.

Yes, WY residents deserve 90/10 on the super tags.

But make sure to do it the "Wyoming Way".

1. Sell $50M in raffles tags to NRs telling them they have even odds with residents.

2. AFTER you have the money, change to 10% NR allocation and refuse refunds.

Of course, what wyoming is doing with moose/sheep is even worse than this as it also includes PP to BP-exponent conversion.
You can't cry all day if you don't start in the morning. Attaboy @Crampy

Most of the residents I know only apply for the moose if any. It would make sense that the majority of the tags went to non residents as I would assume they make up over 90% of the applications.

I agree, it is a great fundraiser.

It’s funny
UTAH sure has a lot of Non Residents draw tags at the Expo and you don’t hear to much complaining about it.
Yet now you also see A jump in Wyoming commissioners tags at the Hunt Expo too.
With the staggering money they are generating
You can’t blame the State for selling their premium tags in Utah.
That will eventually make up for the 90/10
90/5/5 and whatever the next scheme is.?

So, do most people not realize this year's drawing results are pretty much the same as every other year?

It’s funny
UTAH sure has a lot of Non Residents draw tags at the Expo and you don’t hear to much complaining about it.
81. 5% Utah resident draw at the Expo
9% WY resident draw for WY Supertag

Pesky facts...WY should also require in person validation. Plus, WY should square entries for residents.

Most of the residents I know only apply for the moose if any. It would make sense that the majority of the tags went to non residents as I would assume they make up over 90% of the applications.

I agree, it is a great fundraiser.
Oh hell, I always forget it runs so early. I never even thought about the super tags until I applied. So for me and my family we totally missed the boat…

So only 80% resident drawing at Hunting Expo for Resident hunters?
Obviously they gotta do something to fix this blasphemy!
And only 9% for Wyoming residents in their own Super tag drawing?
Maybe if the state would allow food stamps to be converted into raffle tickets it would make it easier for residents to draw!!?

So only 80% resident drawing at Hunting Expo for Resident hunters?
Obviously they gotta do something to fix this blasphemy!
And only 9% for Wyoming residents in their own Super tag drawing?
Maybe if the state would allow food stamps to be converted into raffle tickets it would make it easier for residents to draw!!?
Just pointing out why Utah residents might not be crying and proving you wrong. I see you took it like a man.

I was surprised us non residents could put in. Utah has the Sportsman's tags that are for res only. Nevada has the same Silver State tag draw for residents only. Put the one each species Governors tags up for auction to the highest bidder and leave the Super Tags for res only. Would raise more money and your odds would go to 1 in 10,000 or so :)

If I were to move for some reason to Wy I'd be bummed if it stayed for non residents to apply.

Cheers, Pete
Silver State tags in Nevada are fundraiser tags and are therefore open to all, RESIDENT & NON-RESIDENT. Utah sportsman tags are not fundraiser tags and are offered as a benefit to residents only. Two completely different purposes.

Pesky facts...WY should also require in person validation. Plus, WY should square entries for residents.

Did you pull the data on who applied?

~81.5 % of Expo applicants were Utah Res.
~9% of WY Supertag applicants were WY Res.

Or, darn close anyway as that is the way the math would work out (over time).

But sure, WY residents should be able to have 90/10 on SuperTags if that is what you want. You just won't sell as many entries to NRs.

And cubed points for regionalized shed hunting tags if that is what you want.

Silver State tags in Nevada are fundraiser tags and are therefore open to all, RESIDENT & NON-RESIDENT. Utah sportsman tags are not fundraiser tags and are offered as a benefit to residents only. Two completely different purposes.
Thanks Sticksender, didn't realize I could apply for those silver state tags.

They also have two Heritage tags for each species that are auctioned like our Governors tags if I'm not mistaken.

Didn't there used to be 2 silver state tags and two Heritage tags at one point back in there?

Cheers, Pete

This is crazy, These are premium Wyoming tags and 10 out of 11 went to Non-Residents of Wyoming! This is Wyoming wildlife so how does this happen? I think the trifecta should be guaranteed to a resident no matter how many non residents apply. Maybe residents should get some type of bonus point or multiplier? Or maybe resident raffle costs should be cheaper so residents can buy way more? What do you guys think??

View attachment 103242
If it bothers you that NR are buying as a whole more tickets, they’re for giving a NR a better chance to win then the answer is clear don’t buy any for yourself!

View attachment 103242
??? incredible that someone would cry over a fundraising raffle setup by their own Governor to raise money for wildlife. 1.87 million this year for conservation projects.
Just a guess but I bet that NR are buying close to 80-90% of the raffle tags for this. I know I buy them every year while applying for tags.

Just curious How many WY residents on this board buy them?

Careful. Fullcrybaby doesn’t like to be called out. He will send you a PM that his young friends are going to come kick your ass. Not to worry the old man is off his rockers. Still waiting @fullcry

They do, but for some reason Wyoming Residents are very whiny this year. Rough winter I guess
It's because its depressing here when you look out your window and there's a wall of snow :ROFLMAO:. Especially when we will get a 2 day head start for shed hunting and the snow will still have them covered on the 1st and 2nd day but not the 3rd and also on the year that we will get 90% of the tags to hunt 10% of the animals because they was winter killed. There I think I hit all the big topics :D.

At least every mtn lion tag is a super tag makes sense to sell one of those ? same for black bear
Yep. Super tag for bear, lion and wolf(all OTC) make zero sense except to lure in unsuspected NR(maybe some residents?) to give more money for the G&F to give more preference to residents. Awesome!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom