Need advise for next years adventure- Muzzleloder 551ELK or 74/741Elk

Denny

My brother and I are trying to plan a hunt for our kids in Colorado next year. I live in AZ and he lives in WI. Based on their 3pts 551 or 74/741 are the options we are looking at. + for 551 we hunted there for Mule Deer and saw a couple 6x6 and heard some bugling so we have some familiarity but overall not a ton of Elk. VS 74/741 we have no knowledge of but reports are has a lot of Elk and is a little closer to me so I may be able to scout a weekend or two next year but one always gets busy so you never know. - of 74/741 is over the counter bow hunters but on the plus side they have a 59% chance of also drawing a mule deer tag with 0pts to go along with their Elk tag in 74/741 and 0% chance at an additional Mule deer tag in 551. Hope I made options clear. Thanks for your response.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom