Need buffalo hunt for special kid.

Aaron

I’m looking for a ranch style buffalo hunt for my nephew who is a special needs young man. He loves to hunt and one of his dreams is to hunt a buffalo like he watches in the western movies he so dearly loves. Hes an old soul at heart! I’m looking for something affordable on a ranch style hunt where it’s a slam dunk type of hunt. I have gotten him his first buck and first wild pig. He loves to hunt and the outdoors. He would be supper happy with any buffalo. I cull animal or cow or bull. He just loves westerns movies and wants to live out his dream. If someone knows of something that could work for a reasonable price please let me know. Thanks. We live in CA so closer the better. Make it work either way. Thanks

You are going to find that hunting buffalo in any ranch in California is very expensive compared to out of state hunts. For a small meat cow in Ca. will run you 2-3 thousand and the 2 thousand hunt is hard to find.
The Twisselman ranch near Los Banos used have buffalo hunts that were priced better then most places in CA. but I do not know if they still have buffalo hunts. They do have exotic hunts and you might want to give them a call. The ranch is many thousands of acres in size and not a corral type shooting that some places have.
RELH

Twisselmans for sure down west of Bakersfield. My buddy used to guide there. Good place for buffalo, exoitics and pigs. They even have a little bunkhouse you can stay in

I forgot to mention the bunkhouse at Twisselman's ranch. Great sleeping-cooking quarters and bar-b-que grill outside for you to use. Will save you money on renting a motel room. Also the guide will field dress your buffalo and quarter it for the trip home or meat processor. Also a young buffalo, 3 years or less, will be the best for eating.
RELH

The Twisselman is located near the carrisa plains off Hwy 58 outside of Santa Margarita. I’m not sure if they guide buffalo hunts or if Bitterwater is the only local ones now.

My goof, it is closer, west of Bakersfield then it is to Los Banos. It has been about 18 years since I hunted there.

RELH

Not sure how this fits for you but there is a small bison ranch between Craig and Maybell, Colorado. Would be a simple hunt. Hope you are able to get this to work out.

Screenshot_20200227-062928.png

I can hook you up in Idaho at Thunder Mountain Elk Ranch, they do buffalo and a few exotic sheep as well.
Let me know if interested and I'll get the ball rolling!

Give the guys at hunt of a lifetime in Idaho a call, they raise money for special needs kids or kids with cancer. I will try to find the number for you.

Homer I looked at your link to Lazyarrow and nothing about hunting buffalo. More like a dude ranch for city folks to come out and pet the farm animals. No mention of any buffalo hunting, even though they have roaming buffalo on the ranch. Did I miss something?
RELH

that is the dude ranch part of it.....Call and talk to Mark.

It's the Camatta Ranch....they hunt

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom