Need help- Elk info

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I will be looking into hunting elk for the first time in WY possibly next year or the year after. I have 3 points as of now. I have looked a bit on the draw odds, etc and see that I have a shot at a 98 tag among some others. I am wondering if anyone would be willing to talk to me about other options...or better options/areas that I should consider putting in for as a general tag. I am just wanting to be pointed in the right direction and I can take it from there. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Steve

IMO, most Gen units will be a better hunt than 98. Particularly with the wilderness issue. If I was a NR with 3 PP's I would pick Gen every time.

To be clear, 98 is both a Gen area and has a Type 1 tag. I am assuming you are referring to getting the Type 1 tag. My answer is based on that assumption. As a Gen area, I would pick several other nearby Gen units over 98 Gen. YMMV

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom