Need help -magazines, newsletters, etc?

M

muskrat

I've been writing off and on for about 20 years, and had my first Outdoor column in high school. More recently, I was Asst Editor of the Arizona Outdoorsman magazine. I now feelance, and write a regular column in our local monthly newspaper.

I see a lot of great newsletters, websites, and new magazines that are a great effort, but the quality is brought down by typos, poor sentence structure, etc. If you could use some help on the editorial end, or even just proofreading, shoot me an e-mail. I'm doing this because I enjoy it, not because I need to be paid... I will volunteer, or barter/swap services, in the right situation.

Also, if you'd like mention/trial of your product in my column, or need a writer/booking agent on your pro-staff, let me know....

[email protected]

M MacFarlane

LMAO, at least you caught it before anybody else had the chance to rip you to shreads on it........

Mike
at235.gif

LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-04 AT 09:55PM (MST)[p]Great, so I can send you ALL my remarks before I post them cuase I'm so bad at spelling and grammer,etc!!!! J/K but I do wish this site had a spell check so I would not have to yell to my wife in the other room and ask her how to spell things. As dumb as I am when it comes to grammer I do find things wrong in some of the top mags now days. Thank you for your help to them and I hope people take your services.
Curtis

Curtis - Thanks for your comments. I see a lot of new mags, especially, that are great looking magazines, but full of mistakes. An arrangement like this would be win/win - I help out for cheap or free, but I also get experience, perks, and networking ;-)

Marshall

Curtis,

Just for you, a free spell checker that works on ALL forums, download it and install it on your PC and take it with you where ever you browse on the internet. None of the forum boards I visit have spell checkers, and I visit ALOT of them.

http://www.iespell.com/

Mike
at235.gif

JB - I sent them an e-mail with a (very tactful) offer, but didn't hear anything.

Just thought I'd bump this up, in case anyone missed my spelling error, included in my offer to do editing and proofreading :)

www.parchedmuskrat.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom