Need Some Help in the Legislative Session

Researcher

SB 90 was introduced to the 2023 Nevada Legislative Session and calls to designate the wild mustang as the official state horse of the State of Nevada. The amended bill was passed in the Senate on April 19, 2023 and will now be heard by the Assembly Committee on Government Affairs by May 19, 2023. Your letters are more important than ever at this time.

Nevada Bighorns Unlimited opposes SB 90 for several reasons as overpopulation of wild horses has resulted in the degradation of rangeland and health of wildlife. Offering protection and legitimacy to wild horses would be detrimental to our wildlife and natural resources.

Please stand with us and ask our legislature to continue to vote no on SB 90!

We are asking you to do two things: 1) send an email in opposition, and 2) call your state Assemblyman and urge them to oppose this bill.

A sample letter has been attached for your use, along with the following instructions on how to submit to the Assembly Committee on Government Affairs and the number to call.​
S.gif

How to submit opposition email:

1. Click HERE to download the sample opposition letter.
  2. Copy the language and paste in a email.
  3. Send email to [email protected]

Number to call: (775) 684-8868

For more information, visit the Assembly Government Affairs website.​
S.gif

Thank you for supporting Nevada's wildlife!​

Here is the sample email

Assembly Government Affairs

Dear Assembly Government Affairs Committee Members,
As a supporter of Nevada’s wildlife and natural resources, I am writing to express concern about SB 90, and I urge you to oppose this bill. Although the majority of Nevadan’s may agree that wild horses are spectacular, overpopulation has resulted in the degradation of rangeland, water resources and the health of native wildlife.
Wild horse populations double every 3 to 5 years and in some extreme instances, populations can be 10 times the appropriate management levels. The adverse impacts to our native wildlife are equally severe. Horses intimidate and out-compete our native wildlife for forage and water. Riparian areas are monopolized by wild horses turning natural meadows and seepage springs into dry, desolate wastelands. Wildlife managers list the overpopulation of horses as the second greatest impact to wildlife including sage grouse, behind only wildfire and the resulting invasive species.
How can we have a state symbol that is indirectly impacting other state symbols, like bighorn sheep, Indian rice grass, sagebrush, mountain bluebird and the Lahontan cutthroat trout by destroying the life blood of our state, our precious and limited riparian areas, spring sources, meadows, creeks, streams, and all that support these animals and plants.
This bill is focused on one thing and nowhere is there appreciation or understanding of all the other resources and living things affected by excess horses. Please vote no on SB 90.
Sincerely,

Thank you, I just sent my concern. also wanted to recommend posting same/similar thread in other sections and forums. I know reaching out to non res might not sound productive but A) they don’t know where the email is coming from.
B) non res hunters deserve to have voice heard if they are going to fork out the non res money to come hunt here.

Keep up the hard work.

Thank you, I just sent my concern. also wanted to recommend posting same/similar thread in other sections and forums. I know reaching out to non res might not sound productive but A) they don’t know where the email is coming from.
B) non res hunters deserve to have voice heard if they are going to fork out the non res money to come hunt here.

Keep up the hard work.

I got the email from Nevada Bighorns Unlimited (NBU). Not a member myself but I follow their stuff and they do great work.

Better start writing the governor, Lombardo is our only firewall on this. The Las Vegas libtards that run the Legislative session are going to pass it along with AB355. We need the governor to show that he truly is backing hunters and gun owners and veto these bills when they arrive at his desk.

Better start writing the governor, Lombardo is our only firewall on this. The Las Vegas libtards that run the Legislative session are going to pass it along with AB355. We need the governor to show that he truly is backing hunters and gun owners and veto these bills when they arrive at his desk.
Probably right here

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom