Neeeeeed Helppp!!!

BLooDTRaCKeR

Very Active Member
Hey all you MM's,

I wasn't expecting to draw with only 30 points but I did! I drew the premium elk tag and don't know where to start. I wish I could say I have been doing my research over the years but I never thought I had a chance at drawing anything. Now I need to call upon the experts to get me sitting on a 400+ bull. I don't have alot of time to hunt or scout nor do I have the right equipment but I have good intentions. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

I am in pretty good shape, I can get on and off my atv with no help. Please don't waste my time with posts like "no seeum ridge" "no name mountain" because I make the effort to log on here every day. I need specifics and fast!

My gun is borrowed, the guy said it is dead on out to 200 yards, after that he says just aim a little high. I don't think I'll be taking a shot over 600 yards so the gun should do me well.

As far as payment goes, there will be plenty of beer in camp and on the mountain-especially after the 400 incher hits the dirt. Can't wait to get it done! Thanks in advance for all the free hand outs!

Thanks Manny!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

From what you said about the gun, you better not take any shot over 200 yards and you better hope it is on at that distance.
Forget the 400 bull, you will be lucky to get a raghorn.

RELH

I cant see what state or unit you have drawn. Someone will need more info to help you.Shep

c'mon guys, I didn't ask for 1 liners, I'm running out of time here. The tag is for Utah if that helps, I'm a super nice guy and would be willing to help out anyone who offers good information. I don't want advise, just good places to go to drop the hammer on a 400+ bull. They're out there and we're all family here so help a guy out. If you need to PM me specifics so others don't end up hunting where you tell me to, then give me a heads up so I know to check my PM's.

Thanks in advance for spoon feeding me and my passion.

You've never been to the Unit,Right?

Due to work,you only have 2 days off to take your 400" Bull which is basically a OIL Hunt,Right?

You're gonna borrow a 5th Wheel Camp trailer & Wheelers right?

You've never Gutted a Big Game animal,right?

Might as well advertise for a 'CHEAP' Taxidermist while you're at it!

Ohhh your in utah, well hell why didnt you say so. well here is a sure fire way to kill that 400+ bull, this is my honey hole so dont go telling anyone else about it you hear....

Well you start off on that one road and go about 10 miles and there will be a left turn, drive untill you see the rock that looks like bigfoot, and stop... get out walk 200 yards north to the botom of the hill and wait for 10 min.... then walk another 100 yards due west and there shoud be a bull standing there at about 50 yards that I passed on last year cause he was too small, (only about 397) he should be 400+ this year. anyways I got one that will go about 450 figured out so out of the goodness of my heart I will let you have this one.

Hope this helps.

LOL

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

You still did not specify unit. There are some better than others. I know the units pretty well. Shep

I have seen a lot of 400 inch bulls killed in Utah on the internet and in magazines. Must be a bunch of em where ever your tag is for. I would suggest one of those special exhaust deals for your 4-wheeler that makes it reeeeeeeal quiet. Makes sneaking up on bulls a lot easier. Good luck. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-12 AT 05:22PM (MST)[p]30 Points? Was their plenty of beer when you started this thread? LOL! I guess you have too have some fun with this site every once in awhile.LOL again.

30 years of applying for a premium tag, a borrowed gun that is good for 200 yards and your goal is a 400+ bull........i can't beleive i just wasted a full minute of thought on this post!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-12 AT 05:22PM (MST)[p]NO worries there TRaCKeR...

You see .. Utah premium bull tags come with a 400"er guarantee!!

As you well know, there are big bulls behind every tree ..

My advice to you is,,
Pick out a big pine tree , Set up a lawn chair.
A 400"er will be by shortly ..

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Don't tell anyone, but just between you and me there is a hot spot, (400+ bulls everywhere like stars in the sky!) between Bonneville and Tooelle. Just take the first two track on the right about 40 miles east of the rest area and follow it to the end.
Remember, do not tell anyone!

Norkal

"INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!"

I saw one yesterday, but will only go about 380 now and should hit 420 by the middle of July. I don't drink beer, how about a new RZR.

get, real , do you think any big time guild will work just for beer, wiskey man wiskey, you have got to have wiskey..

Well, so far no one is getting any of my good beer. I've looked into the areas suggessted so far and found them to be bogus!

Why are you people so uncooperative? 30 years to draw and this is the help I get??

I would help a hunter out if I knew a good area to go, My atv has new meats on it and can go anywhere and I'll take it anyhwere to get that 400" bull.

Really guys, I'll do all the work, just need a good area to hunt.

You ever had your ATV back in where the TUNE-UPS are Free?

well buddy youre going about it all wrong dude. the first thing i would do if'n i was in your situation is find out when the next sfw banquet is and get my butt signed up for that baby. once there, you will be able to mingle with the finest, most knowledgeable, best hunting and shooting crowd west of the mississippi. on top of that you will now be a member of the best conservation org. on the planet. you are now part of killing all the wolves in the west, growing the finest deer herd in any state, and putting more dollars than any state on the ground for the benefit of all wildlife. congrats pard, and good luck on your hunt. of course you wont need it now that you belong to sfw.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-12 AT 09:07AM (MST)[p]With your amazing luck at drawing the tag with only 30 points, all you'll need to do is get out your Bingo game and draw the GPS coordinate numbers for the Spyder beater! You don't need our help while God, Fate, the Force, Providence, Lady Luck, The Zodiac, The Cards and Your Palm Hunting Lines are all aligned. But do it quick though before someone foolish enough to give you information throw things off!!!!

ya you neeeeed help, first get your own gun, then learn how to shoot it!
maybe the guy that finds your bull can just shoot it for ya, "stay home moron"

LOL. Thanks guys, this will get me though another Monday. By the way Bloodtracker or whatever. Did you stop to think about when Utah started the bonus point system. The most points anyone could have is 19.

40 58'59.15" N 111 53'23.51" W

Gotta look real close, no guarantee where he'll be in Sept.

BLooDTRaCKeR, you got the latest Sitka gear? If not, you might as well turn the tag back in. You might luck out and get a raghorn, but you can kiss off a big bull without it.

Eel

You will also need a different gun if your buddy's is'nt a RUM....A Lapua Mag would be better though with a minimum of a 10-50x60 scope. Anything less and the bullets will literally bounce off of them....seen it with my own eyes on youtube.

Be sure to head on over to bowsite and look at the threads where people ask what they should wear, eat, drink, sleep in, etc. I'm sure someone might even be able to help you out with what the best TP is to use when wiping!!!

I've seen that Bull in Farmington it is tied up to a post in the garage. Nothing like this one 36 06 52.79 N 115 10 22.37 W

Dang,

This is a tough crowd! Where did I go wrong! Did I mispell something, offend someone or should I really have offered whiskey instead of beer?

I don't get it. I have some of that under armor stuff and even carry my own toilet paper. I know how to stay plenty hydrated with many different cooler recipes.

Don't know where the free tune ups are, but they would sure come in handy way back in the woods. Do they come with a free tank of gas??

Mylan (post 23), you sound upset with me?? Sorry to offend you, I just want to make the best of this great opportunity. I hope you can join me this fall, I've got plans to cut a new road into where ever I end up hunting. Bunch of neighbors said they would lend me some chain saws to make short work of it.

DB Lung wrote:
"By the way Bloodtracker or whatever. Did you stop to think about when Utah started the bonus point system. The most points anyone could have is 19."

Yeah, 30 is the same as 19 when your talking max points. I knew I was close.

Those GPS coordinates in post 26 sound a bit fishy, you want to back that up with 400+" bull pictures maybe I'll look into it more.

I drew a quick sketch of what I am looking for.....Basically a big typical similar to my drawing. I'd like more mass than tine length. Print this sketch so next time you guys are out, you have something to work with when trying to find my bull. Thanks.
341400.jpg

It shocks me how many people respond accually thinking this is real. LOL

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

What? It's not a real plea for help?
I was just fixin' to drop everything and help the poor guy.
I've been scammed again!
Zeke

You are going about this all wrong!! You need to wait until there is only two weeks left before the season cause all the info you get now will be old news by then. Also, wait until the day before the hunt to shoot that rifle for the first time. It usually works best that way.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom