Nevada 131-134 Mule Deer

CrewMan6

Hey all, long time lurker first time post.

I drew the early rifle tag for 131-134 and I will be focusing my efforts on 131. As I was scouting I noticed that the deer numbers are not "evenly" spread throughout the area.

Once I got home I did some more google scouting and I found some more details:
1) The middle and northern parts of 131 are the mule deer summer grounds
2) The deer will eventually transition southward up to and around Hwy 6
3) Unit 132 is where these deer like to winter

What patterns have you seen concerning this unit? I will be hunting mid October. Thank you for any details that you might offer.

Best,

Never actually had a tag in 13, but I can tell you there is definitely some big bucks there, seen multiple 190s in the area south of Illipah res, and also last fall there was a huge non typical probably 200 yards off a dirt road on the north side of illipah res. I've never hunted the area but just in my time being there and seing multiple 190-200 bucks, don't settle for anything under 30 inches, if you pm me i can give you some detailed areas to check out, I know a guy who has hunted 131 his whole life.

Illipah is on the northern most part of the Unit and one area I have not hunted before. But Yes, there are some real quality bucks in the whole unit

My limited experience, is that the Northern end is loaded with deer during the archery and muzzle loader seasons. During the early rifle season the deer start to thin out. Especially the better bucks.
I've scouted/hunted during the arch/muzz seasons and better bucks were much easier to find.
I hunted the early rifle hard a couple of years ago and I passed the only decent (mediocre) buck that I saw on the 1st morning.

Don P

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom