Nevada 71-79 rifle deer

Heading out for a rifle deer hunt that my dad drew by chance. We were looking at starting near elk mountain and heading towards the jarbridge. Any input on areas to try would be appreciated. We are planning on doing our fair share of hiking but how are roads, truck worthy or will we want atvs?
Thanks!

Heading out for a rifle deer hunt that my dad drew by chance. We were looking at starting near elk mountain and heading towards the jarbridge. Any input on areas to try would be appreciated. We are planning on doing our fair share of hiking but how are roads, truck worthy or will we want atvs?
Thanks!
If you are going to hike, what do you need roads for...? Plenty of quality roads to get you to an area if you are willing to hike.

i have always seen the best bucks in 7 down in the foothills, i dont waste my time up high unless its archery season, foothills AWAY from roads that is, get out and hike, you'll see more deer, i promise.

i have always seen the best bucks in 7 down in the foothills, i dont waste my time up high unless its archery season, foothills AWAY from roads that is, get out and hike, you'll see more deer, i promise.
Thanks for the response. Looking at OnX it seems like most of the foothills have lots of roads lol.

Thanks for the response. Looking at OnX it seems like most of the foothills have lots of roads lol.
076, knoll mtn, blanchard mtn, theres a 185-190 buck running around in there i didnt get a shot at last year, sure hes still alive.. nobody hunts that side of the highway, saw maybe 2 hunters. hunt the foothills, even if theres a few roads its fine just dont spend all your time driving around, even walking just 100 yds sometimes will reveal a buck hiding in a pocket that you couldnt glass from the road.

076, knoll mtn, blanchard mtn, theres a 185-190 buck running around in there i didnt get a shot at last year, sure hes still alive.. nobody hunts that side of the highway, saw maybe 2 hunters. hunt the foothills, even if theres a few roads its fine just dont spend all your time driving around, even walking just 100 yds sometimes will reveal a buck hiding in a pocket that you couldnt glass from the road.
thanks for the input, appreciate it!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom