Nevada apps are out

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
Just checked the Nevada Department of Wildlife webpage and the 2004 big game applications are available online now. Brochures and apps will be in the mail by Friday, 3/19. Deadline is April 19.

Come on sheep hunters, where you applying?

http://ndow.org/hunt/applications/

NvBighorn, whats your top 3 Des. Ram units to try and draw??

Whats the deal on the Mormon Mnt. unit???

It is that time of the year to get serious for Nv. Rams!! Desert and California species! Thanks......

Well, my top three probably would not be someone else's top three. I'm not that familiar with any of the southern units. And then you being a non-resident kind of limits your choices too. The high demand areas are usually high demand for a reason. I guess it kind of depends on what type of hunt you want, whether you'll go it alone or hire a guide, whether you want to spend some time hunting or fly in, whack one, and fly out. I know you don't fit the last example but it's hard for a guy to look at success rates, days hunted and every thing else if you don't know what the situation was. If you look at nonresident hunters for sheep I think you might see a slightly higher success rate and lower number of days hunted than the resident in the same areas. But it might be the guy hired a guide who's people spent time in the unit prior to the hunter arriving.

So how's that answer for a non-answer? Not trying to be evasive. Just hard for me to recommend an area. I have my personal preferences and they are not based on anything someone else could compare to. Things like proximity to where I live, areas I know best, areas I have an emotional tie to, etc.

As for the Mormon Mountains, what are you referring to?

That all does make sense and definately comes into a guys choice of a unit to apply for. Sure, I'd be going it solo if I drew with no outfitter involved.
I see in the Huntin' Fool mag. that 2 of my 3 units are listed.... so I guess I'll change units to ones not listed.
I'm staying with my year in-year out of 033 for my Calf. Ram unit and will do the overlap deer tag appl. too, so as to get more familiar with the country if I ever draw one of those two species tag!! It is just a matter of time before I draw so I'll stick with it!

Can ya believe the difference in odds since they went to Credit card application!!! Unreal how the applicant pool in the 1-2 points are so huge compared to the 3-11 point pools. Credit cards sure do suck for getting any type of odds!!
Thanks Nvbighorn, I'll keep ya posted on what I finally decide on for my 3 Des. Ram choices.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom