Nevada elk 221-223

Catchindeers

Hello everyone! I have the early rifle tag this year and am super pumped! If anyone on here has taken a bull off this unit I would love to see pics!! And if you don’t have a pic and have time tell me what ya shot, or even if you were just there helping a friend fill their tag? Here is my brother in laws bull from a few years ago, we got mixed up with some bulls in the timber and shot the wrong one!? But it was his first bull and he was stoked so it didn’t matter. Love hearing stories so please share! Thanks in advance
10916B55-B3E6-4049-8D66-8259E4C90051.jpeg

Got a nice 7X8 several years ago above the ovens.
It was the late Hunt so, he had a few small breaks.
I think the early would be a better Hunt.
My daughter drew the same area this year for muzzleloader.
Lots of Elk to be seen right now.
If you can get out and scout.

Good luck on your hunt. It's a good one. Here's my bull from a few years ago. My buddy drew this year, so I'll be in there again, helping him.
IMG_1958.JPG
IMG_1832.JPG

Got a nice 7X8 several years ago above the ovens.
It was the late Hunt so, he had a few small breaks.
I think the early would be a better Hunt.
My daughter drew the same area this year for muzzleloader.
Lots of Elk to be seen right now.
If you can get out and scout.
Eye man would love to see a pic if ya got one!! I plan on scouting in October, if you don’t mind would love to hear how your daughter does also!

Way sweet bull!! I bet you were pumped! How long into the hunt did you kill him? And did your buddy draw the early or late hunt this year?
I honestly don't remember how many days that I hunted. We scouted for a few days before it opened. Then hunted for probably 5-6 days before I pulled the trigger.
My buddy has the early tag

Don P

I honestly don't remember how many days that I hunted. We scouted for a few days before it opened. Then hunted for probably 5-6 days before I pulled the trigger.
My buddy has the early tag

Don P
I see, well I might run into you guys out there! Goodluck to you guys and thanks for sharing

I drew a spike tag in 221. Starts on 9-25. PM me if you are there after that and I’ll let you know what I find. From what I hear most elk are in 222 though.

I drew a spike tag in 221. Starts on 9-25. PM me if you are there after that and I’ll let you know what I find. From what I hear most elk are in 222 though.
Oh for sure I’ll keep in touch, would love to hear what you end up seeing! Good luck and thanks a lot for the offer to help

I just helped my friend pack out an 340" class bull out of unit 222. It was a tough hunt but after chasing the same bull for 8 days, the bull finally came into water about an hour before dark with a thunderstorm rolling in. He took the bull at 20 yards. The strange thing is that we never saw a single spike out of 100 elk seen.

When I rifle hunted it a few years ago, all we saw were branched antlered bulls. No cows, calves, or spikes.
Don P

I just helped my friend pack out an 340" class bull out of unit 222. It was a tough hunt but after chasing the same bull for 8 days, the bull finally came into water about an hour before dark with a thunderstorm rolling in. He took the bull at 20 yards. The strange thing is that we never saw a single spike out of 100 elk seen.
Sent you a pm

Never happened without pics, Koby!! C'Mon Man....

A good friend of mine (retired marine) snagged an FCFS muzzleloader cow tag for 221-223. He only has Thursday afternoon and Friday to hunt. I'm going to head out with him to help out, any tips to where we can get on a cow? I wanted to go scout for him this past weekend but my mom ended up in the hospital for emergency surgery. Was going to start out near Mt. Grafton as that is the NDOW data shows for heards to be generally. Just trying to help him fill his freezer, thanks in advance.

A good friend of mine (retired marine) snagged an FCFS muzzleloader cow tag for 221-223. He only has Thursday afternoon and Friday to hunt. I'm going to head out with him to help out, any tips to where we can get on a cow? I wanted to go scout for him this past weekend but my mom ended up in the hospital for emergency surgery. Was going to start out near Mt. Grafton as that is the NDOW data shows for heards to be generally. Just trying to help him fill his freezer, thanks in advance.
Maybe that summit just north of geyser ranch and south along 95? Glass those flats and hope one crosses out of the fields in 231 into the pj's back into 222 and cut them off. Only idea I have with a very limited time to hunt.

Maybe that summit just north of geyser ranch and south along 95? Glass those flats and hope one crosses out of the fields in 231 into the pj's back into 222 and cut them off. Only idea I have with a very limited time to hunt.
Thanks for that info, that's pretty much the area I was going to concentrate on. Those flats look like areas elk may pass back and fourth through going into those fields in 231.

Pm sent

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom