Nevada muzzleloader elk unit 72 74

bornhunter

Anyone have advice for muzzy elk nevada unit 72-74? Huntin partner and I put in with 16 points and buddy got selected. We will be hunting Sept 17th thru 27th.

I drew the archery tag so will be in just before you. Happy to share any info I gather in advance of the hunt and give you an update as I finish mine.

I posted a picture of the bull I got on that exact hunt in 2018 in the "Which State/Biggest Bull" thread. Jarbidge has a lot of elk, but you have to work for them. The best advice I can give is to be in shape and ready to hike 5-10 miles a day in some fairly rugged terrain. Send me a PM if you have any specific questions and I'll give you my slightly dated information.

The later season dates this year should put us in the peak of the rut.
I have one of the 2 muzzy bull tags next-door in 075.

I posted a picture of the bull I got on that exact hunt in 2018 in the "Which State/Biggest Bull" thread. Jarbidge has a lot of elk, but you have to work for them. The best advice I can give is to be in shape and ready to hike 5-10 miles a day in some fairly rugged terrain. Send me a PM if you have any specific questions and I'll give you my slightly dated information.
Ok will do. Thanks much.

Just got back last night from first scouting trip. What incredible country! Made it to most all eastside and north trailheads and did a few walk ins. Saw quite a few elk including 3 nice bulls one of which is going to be a giant. 2 nice muley bucks also. Cant wait to get back down there. Should be a good hunt come September.

Call cottonwood ranch to pack you an your gear into wilderness area with horses an when you get bull down they come an pack it out an you an your camp best money you will spend an they put your camp where bulls are

Probably too late to help you.. but just back from archery hunt. Tons of elk and screaming bulls. Hunt high on ridges if you can - saw 80% of the elk high.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom