Nevada Sportsmen and Harry Reid

m1fan

Very Active Member
Friend or Foe?

Someday I would like to retire in NV and would you consider it a blue or red state?

LAST EDITED ON May-26-09 AT 11:01AM (MST)[p]Rural Nevada is red while Clark County (where Las Vegas is and a couple million people live) often goes blue.

Harry Reid is the scum at the bottom of the barrel in the senate. He is like a cancer that we cannot seem to get rid of, thanks to all those who move in from california and vote to make nevada a blue state. Move back to california and take Harry with you.

Hopefully the residents of the Great State of Nevada will give him the boot! I would not even consider Clark County for my retirement....

I am all for the boot. Clark County is not even a good place to have a bowel movement. It's good for nothing.

get down to the real issues, Harry Reid is a friend of sportsmen, on gun issues, on public land issues he is a hunters advocate, you want to see where they vote in hunters nightmares? go to some of the rural countys, like Elko or Nye, I could tell you story after story. The current governer is no friend of sportsmen and he represents the rural countys. Clark county has some nice desert wildland and wildlife, a few foxy women live there as well.

Our governer is a total joke for sure. Harry is a total waste. On all issues, he has not done anygood for this country let alone this state. He cannot be out of office a day to soon. Harry Reid a complete waste of oxygen.

I would agree on almost all counts, except for one thing. It was basically Harry that urinated on the Taulman lawsuit by inserting a few lines in an unrelated bill that asserted the states' rights to manage their wildlife as they see fit (set resident/non-resident tag numbers).

That was Harry's highlight for me.

Washoe county also went blue in last yrs election. Right now the legislature is controlled by the left because of it. They just passed another billion dollar tax hike on a basically partisan vote. The governor at least has the balls to veto the bill and hopefully it stands and slows the Kalifornication of Nevada.

Reid is no friend of any American and I hope Sharon Angle, a true conservative, beats him next yr.

YOU GUY'S ARE A ROUGH CROWD.............
had a BM in Clark co!!!!!!!!!your right!

4a03d572639d0132.jpg

Rackmaster

I'll have to agree with fullcurl on this one. Reid did come through on the State's right to manage wildlife. There is a potential he could help in getting some of the wind farms put in the RIGHT places and not where they are being proposed so they don't completely disrupt all the progress we have made in building our wildlife back up in some areas.

Back to retiring in Nevada. If I had to pick it would be Clark County, it sure isn't what it used to be, but it is a hell of lot better than a lot of places. It does have the typical retirement needs fulfilled i.e.: medical, airport, etc.

If not Clark, it would be Nye or Lincoln, except I might run into Jackrussell in one of those places. ~grin~

Alex

LAST EDITED ON May-27-09 AT 10:11AM (MST)[p]Harry did come through on the wildlife, however for as long as he has been in hes a big time failure. Way past time for him to go.

Giggle springs, I'll pass on that one thanks, maybe we will meet up in the hills one day.

You are right on Reid and the wind farms sites. I do believe he could be enlightened though, he has some aides in office that are pretty receptive to hearing about these things. The key is getting the right words to his ears.

Call me a User if you will, but I'm willing to use some of his clout if it will save our habitat. Does not mean I did or will vote for him though.

Alex

I would recommend NV as a great place to retire. Don't count Clark County out, it is better than a place to take a BM. Boulder City and some far out places of Henderson are great place to retire because you still have the modern convienences within a few miles (i.e. Medical, airport, etc.) with a small town feel. However, if your choice comes down to the Reno area or Clark County, go with Clark County for the weather. Reno is a colder, nastier version of Las Vegas.

This thread turned as bad as the TV ads.. If someone has a hate comment about red, blue, green, brown... support it. Tell someone the exact issue they caused, and cite a valid source, not the MEDIA.

If a candidate want to be voted for, they need to tell me what they are going to do or have done in the past, not tell me that the other person is #$%#$ or #$%#$#$. That makes them look bad.

My 2 cents.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-20-10 AT 08:34PM (MST)[p]When Reid jumped on board with the Sierra Club in the mid 70's and began his personal Wilderness push, taking public land away from the public, I lost all faith in the guy. He helped draft the most uncompromising piece of legislation I've ever seen. Beautiful and scenic places shown to me by my father and enjoyed by a couple generations are now inaccessible. He preaches that he is a true environmentalist. He claims he is saving these great places so our children can grow a love for the forest, the creek, and the mountainside. I'd like to know how my children can grow a love for the forest, the creek, and the mountainside through our binoculars from the county road. TOTALLY DISGUSTED WITH THIS GUY!! I used to be able to enjoy 100,000 acres of the greatest snowmobiling on earth. All outdoor winter enthusiasts are now shoehorned into approximately 1,500 acres, talk about a Sierra Harry mandated CLUSTER #%@*. I for one will be thrilled to see him go, unfortunately our freedoms have already been stolen.

>Seems Reid lost his NRA backing...
>
>
>Predictions from the fine folks in
>NV?
Not true...the NRA has maxed out on contributions to him and has decided to stay on the fence with there endorsement(B+ rating this cycle and usually an A from the NRA). I for one will admit that I am voting for Reid. Angle will do nothing for this state. I do not however agree with everything he does, but I know Angle will not be able to accomplish anything.

NRA
USW #5282

Thought I heard the NRA was not happy with Reid over his support of the new supreme court justice? The current administration needs to be sent a message about the way they do business, i.e. read the bill they are voting for and listen to the people they represent. They feel they are entitled. Not sure if Angle can or can not get anything done but most politicians are all the same. Can a junior Senator go to Washington and get anything done? Seems like this election is about ensuring a balance.

I wonder what his views are on the wolf. Like it or not, the wolf is coming to a wilderness near you and is probably already here. I'm curious on both Reids and Angle's opinion on the subject. fatrooster.

>I wonder what his views are
>on the wolf. Like it
>or not, the wolf is
>coming to a wilderness near
>you and is probably already
>here. I'm curious on both
>Reids and Angle's opinion on
>the subject. fatrooster.

I'm willing to bet that since Angle is a constitutionalist and believes in the document, that it would be a states rights issue, otherwise known as the 10th Amendment. I doubt Reids even read the thing and could care less. He certainly doesn't care that we have the highest unemployment rate, highest number of bankruptcies and highest number of foreclosures. And if he's so good for Nevada how come we didn't get a kickback on the hcb like Louisiana and Nebraska did? Or, how about N Dakota and Financial Reform? As the leader of the senate you would of thought he would have got us something wouldn't you?

I don't think the big bad wolf is going to get much in Nv. Im dissapointed that Reid hasn't got a bunch of stimulas money for the great basin restoration project,supply a bunch of jobs and it could do a lot of good for Nevadas abused habitat, save a lot of money fighting fires also. Reid helped save a lot of wilderness in Nevada, thats some of the best trophy hunting in NV, and that nice country might have joined the rest of the mess without him. Some of the worst antwildlife people in the state come from Elko county, and A. Grant and his band of lunatics are strong supporters of Angle, that should tell you something.

Reid has been to busy over the last several months with OBamacare to get NV any stimulus money...

I don't know what his problem is with that, other than trying to get re-elected. Nevada is a strange state, lots of public land, some unique and beautiful country, but to most people its only about money.

We live in a state that 80% of Americans can't even pronounce. To have the the leader of the senate representing us is big. Reid has done a good job for Nevada in my opinion and he has my vote.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom