Nevada unit 231 mule deer

rambopup4

Going into the 2017 non resident draw I have 9 points for mule deer, 16 for desert sheep, 15 for California sheep. I am considering applying in unit 231 or 102 for mule deer. Both unguided. Any advice or suggestions from Nevada residents who have hunted these units would greatly be appreciated. Due to my age, 61, and odds of drawing, 241 and 221 late for mule deer is not an option. I can not afford a guided hunt.
Thanks,
Stu

Two sleeper units I would look at are area 071-079 both Early and Late can produce good 4x4's. A real sleeper is 041, 042 you can find 25-27inch 4x4's in this unit if you get up high.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-17 AT 11:59AM (MST)[p]I think you've got too many points for 102 and 071-079. 081 statistically has the highest percentage of mature bucks killed in any unit in the state. 222, 251 and area 27 can all produce monsters.

On a side note, you never know with Nevada. I drew a bull tag for 231 with ZERO points in 2013, there's always a chance! Good luck! And if you do draw 231 I have spent a ton of time up there and would be happy to help any way I could.

Even with 9 points, your odds of drawing a 231 rifle mule deer tag are extremely low (around 2 percent).

Even if you went outfitter draw you may only change your odds by 2% if that, It took me 18 to get 241 but it was the only choice I ever applied for, I hope to be luckier this time,plenty draw without to many points, I have 19 for elk,so I am not one that draws with a couple points ,that is nr points.lucky for me I bird hunt and need nev. and ariz. lic every year other wise it would be 300 a year for 20 years to pay for points,hope to chase big game again in nev. before I cant.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-17 AT 11:59AM (MST)[p]I think you've got too many points for 102 and 071-079. 081 statistically has the highest percentage of mature bucks killed in any unit in the state. 222, 251 and area 27 can all produce monsters.

On a side note, you never know with Nevada. I drew a bull tag for 231 with ZERO points in 2013, there's always a chance! Good luck! And if you do draw 231 I have spent a ton of time up there and would be happy to help any way I could.
Hi there! We drew 231 rifle deer tags for 2020. Any advice? Thank you!

Here’s a 231 rifle buck from 10 years ago.
My son got it.
We weren’t trophy hunting but it’s a pretty nice buck. I could give you what info I have if you would like.

9809159B-A1D4-446C-976D-5875D8BD16B7.jpeg

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom