Neveda results in 7 days!

You have a much better shot than I do at 12 points. Good luck to you, I hope you get one.
I have 23NR points and fear I will never draw. I also know a few NRs with more points than me. It seems or may just be me often reading folks in 10 to 19 range getting the hit, that may be the sweet spot. Good luck to all.

I have 23NR points and fear I will never draw. I also know a few NRs with more points than me. It seems or may just be me often reading folks in 10 to 19 range getting the hit, that may be the sweet spot. Good luck to all.
No sweet spot...odds are odds and you can't challenge those. Your odds are better than those with 22 points so you'll get it eventually. I hope this is the year for you so you don't have to stress about it.

No sweet spot...odds are odds and you can't challenge those. Your odds are better than those with 22 points so you'll get it eventually. I hope this is the year for you so you don't have to stress about it.
Agree on the sweet spot. Nevada has been very good to me, no stress here, thanks.

If you want to really feel good, pull up a random number generator and plug in the 100,000,000 then hit it as many times as you would have according to your bonus points.

Just wasted too much time on that random number generator. But I did get a best score of 308,000. The other lowest ones were around 2.1 million and then 3.1, 3.3, 3.6 million. Most were still way out to the moon numbers.

There’s just a giant slug of applicants in that range. I think that’s around the time when instagram and FB hunting hero’s took off and the world started to find out about all the different out of state opportunities. We’ll see odds continue to go down as that group reaches 20+ points. If you look at any point chart in any state you’ll notice a big bolus of applicants in that range. Considering the tag cuts in a lot of the primo NV deer units, if you track your draw odds, even with your points increasing and squaring every year, your actual odds go down each and every year. I always say this and I’ll say it again, the best odds you’re ever gonna have at a tag is this year. Next year will be harder. There are some exceptions but in general, the sideline point stackers and the guys who put HF top 5 choices in that order will never ever catch the day they are hoping they will. Maybe the guys that are in the mid 20’s on points and are ahead of the bulge, but the rest of us need to be smart about how we use our points and be sure to burn them when we can.

You have a much better shot than I do at 12 points. Good luck to you, I hope you get one.
And you have a much better luck than I do with 7. Should be 8 but I dropped the ball and didn’t purchase a hunting license.

Just wasted too much time on that random number generator. But I did get a best score of 308,000. The other lowest ones were around 2.1 million and then 3.1, 3.3, 3.6 million. Most were still way out to the moon numbers.
Is your high number 10,000,000 ish? I think last year they had 9 million or so random numbers.
I've been doing the same and I'm drawing at least a cow, spike or buck tag over 75% of the time.

Is your high number 10,000,000 ish? I think last year they had 9 million or so random numbers.
I've been doing the same and I'm drawing at least a cow, spike or buck tag over 75% of the time.
I put 100,000,000 in as the high number. I'll have to check with a lower number. It's fun to see. But also frustrating. haha.

There are 100 million random numbers total.

Edit... 100 million numbers to choose from. I re-read your postand remember they did say how many total numbers were given out before they organized them.

Yes, NV is increasingly a long shot for most NRs, even with 784 numbers the odds are I won’t get a desert sheep tag. Lol but better than most of all y’all. ?

And you have a much better luck than I do with 7. Should be 8 but I dropped the ball and didn’t purchase a hunting license.
I’m optimistic at 12 as a resident. A friend of mine drew last year with 13.
That being said, I’m not the luckiest in the world with drawing tags. I just need a little luck. ??

If you want to really feel good, pull up a random number generator and plug in the 100,000,000 then hit it as many times as you would have according to your bonus points.
I figured it's easier just to do 1 through 1000 and whatever number you get just move decimal point over one spot to match the draw %. Less confusing and math is the same.

There’s just a giant slug of applicants in that range. I think that’s around the time when instagram and FB hunting hero’s took off and the world started to find out about all the different out of state opportunities. We’ll see odds continue to go down as that group reaches 20+ points. If you look at any point chart in any state you’ll notice a big bolus of applicants in that range. Considering the tag cuts in a lot of the primo NV deer units, if you track your draw odds, even with your points increasing and squaring every year, your actual odds go down each and every year. I always say this and I’ll say it again, the best odds you’re ever gonna have at a tag is this year. Next year will be harder. There are some exceptions but in general, the sideline point stackers and the guys who put HF top 5 choices in that order will never ever catch the day they are hoping they will. Maybe the guys that are in the mid 20’s on points and are ahead of the bulge, but the rest of us need to be smart about how we use our points and be sure to burn them when we can.
I agree 100% percent. I started applying for sheep back then as a friend turned me onto Hunting Fool.

I figured it's easier just to do 1 through 1000 and whatever number you get just move decimal point over one spot to match the draw %. Less confusing and math is the same.
Problem is there are 100 million numbers to start, so woth 1000, ypu are going to have lower numbers anyway. This one let's you plug in the parameters. I did 101 numbers. You can change the total amount of numbers at the bottom.

I'm just in for deer and doe antelope. In time out for buck antelope. Have a Desert on the wall. not interested in goats or calis. Pulled my bull elk app due to personal challenges I'm facing.

I hunted the first 7 days and didn’t find a buck i wanted. Came back for the last 5 days and found 2 Shooter bucks. The weather at the beginning of the hunt was hot and dry. Snow and cold happened during the 3rd weeK. Deer movement definitely changed in that 2 week time period. I shot a 181 6x6.

In with zero points for lower tier archery deer hunts. Still one more year in the elk wait list. I should draw DBH this year with 12 points ?

I know the website says results the 19th. I don't recall historically if NV pushes them out any earlier than the posted deadline. Any chances we see them today or tomorrow?

1684339435466.png

I know the website says results the 19th. I don't recall historically if NV pushes them out any earlier than the posted deadline. Any chances we see them today or tomorrow?
Some folks have mentioned that they saw hits on their credit card the night before.

Draw just started. Live stream on youtube.
Nice. Even better!

Disturbing stats that were just mentioned on the livestream. There's approximately 60,000 wild horses and burros in the State. One horse consumes 3-4 times the amount of water and forage than a single mule deer. Someone asked what NDOW is doing to address this, however most of us know that NDOW has limited authority on the matter. BLM and the Feds have to step in...

Also mentioned, results will be posted no later than midnight this Friday. Bummer...as I'm sure we were all hoping they would post results today

For those following the SB90 legislative bill, NDOW just mentioned that the Governor gave NDOW and Dept of Agriculture the opportunity to take an opposition stance on that bill. This is the bill that is proposing to recognize the Mustang as an official State animal.

Last edited:
Nice. Even better!

Disturbing stats that were just mentioned on the livestream. There's approximately 60,000 wild horses and burros in the State. One horse consumes 3-4 times the amount of water and forage than a single mule deer.
Nearly as many horses as there are deer!

They also said no results tomorrow or midnight madness and results will be posted on Friday along with a credit card charge. Looks like we have a couple more days.

Nearly as many horses as there are deer!

They also said no results tomorrow or midnight madness and results will be posted on Friday along with a credit card charge. Looks like we have a couple more days.
Yeah, man, that is bad :(

I caught that midnight madness question too. It got a chuckle from the guy. lol

282k individual applicants trying for 18k tags. That's an average of 15.6 applicants per tag. The squared bonus point system was great around 20 years ago. Not so much anymore!!

Back in the day you could get 231 archery tags that didn't fill in the draw as leftover tags. Back then I scored an archery pronghorn tag that went undersubscribed.

Well I am a 1 in 1.3 million kind of guy...

Nevada likes me
2 premium deer tags
2 antelope tags (both 82+)
1 rifle bull
1 Desert bighorn

So yes.....I should draw the Cali tag ???
Without pics....never happened! LOL Post em...I'd love to look at em.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom