NEVER BUY FROM SLIK!

S

SalVelinus

I bought a carbon Slik tripod and head and am thoroughly dissatisfied with the head AND the customer service I got from SLIK, including the GM Jim Carlson. One of the very weak bolts used at the head hinges twisted off while I was on a hunt in WY. I have never tightened or loosened the bolts and it broke from the stress of using the head in the way it was designed. I was forced to use zip-ties for an in-the-field fix.

I just returned, called SLIK, emailed photos of my reciept (from 5 months ago and the product carried a 3-year warranty) and photos of the defective head. They were unwilling to reach an agreement that would have me hunting with a new head on my upcoming hunt. They said that they had to determine if it was a problem that was covered by the warranty. Furthermore, they were rude and inconsiderate and I was hung-up on by the GM.

I would strongly encourage anyone who owns a quality scope to buy heads and tripods from another company that makes a better product and has better customer service.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom