Never From A Can!

Phantom Hunter

Very Active Member
Tuna salad for supper tonight. Grilled some tuna ends and pieces over a smoky mesquite fire, added eggs from my friends free range flock, green onions, celery, cilantro, Miracle Whip and don’t forget the pickle relish! Wife and MIL love it. Not too bad on scooper Fritoes!!

644670B4-26D4-46C9-A012-8C81DB3F0FC2.jpeg

1254FDAB-1004-4626-80A4-D85BC0692211.jpeg

7FF86D22-C707-493A-BBF0-C3AC79C14EB0.jpeg

9CD33A64-D6D7-46B9-8BBB-3F02DC3FFFB7.jpeg

Looks good. Was going to make the same Miracle Wip comment. ?
Picture looks like a lot of tuna. Do you freeze some after smoking?

Looks good. Was going to make the same Miracle Wip comment. ?
Picture looks like a lot of tuna. Do you freeze some after smoking?
Wife prefers Miracle Whip, I am not crazy about either but tuna salad needs a little something. I vacuum seal and freeze tuna when we make a tuna trip. I can then thaw and fix it however I want. There was quite a bit of tuna for the salad, but there might have been a little bit that disappeared for my lunch?

I think mostly its a regional thing. Down south, everyone uses Miracle Whip. I was born there, but moved North to the Land of Hellman's (Best Foods out here in the West). Down in Texas, it is only Dukes, and that is a unique flavor all its own. I brought back plenty last month on my trip, to have extra!!

I think mostly its a regional thing. Down south, everyone uses Miracle Whip. I was born there, but moved North to the Land of Hellman's (Best Foods out here in the West). Down in Texas, it is only Dukes, and that is a unique flavor all its own. I brought back plenty last month on my trip, to have extra!!
I grew up in Washington and Idaho. My Mom always used Miracle Whip so that is what my taste buds always want. Mayo seem blah but I'm ok with it. We had Walleye Hoagies today and the Mayo that was put on them was ok. Pickles spiced the sandwiches back into shape.

Not a fan of either mayonnaise or miracle whip but I do like that tuna. I love me some grilled sword fish.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom