Never seen this before

cosmic_cowboy

Very Active Member
I went to check some remote cameras that I don't check that often, and got this pic.
I have seen ear tags in Bears and Elk, and a collar on a Big Horn, but never a Deer.
Roadrunner you have any intel on this ? It was in 53.
Wondering if it is NMDGF or CO. or maybe Tribal ?
Glad someone finally decided to study our vanishing Deer herds.
Both pics from the same camera, Deer is from May and the Kitty is from March.

PICT0097.JPG

PICT0118.JPG

Cosmic, actually saw a collared doe at El Vado last year as well! Hopefully there is finally a deer research study of some sort being conducted however, by whom remains the question?

There was a topic at a Game Commission meeting maybe a year ago which was about collared animals being seen that were NOT tagged by Game & Fish. I.e. some other entity (private) was collaring animals to keep track of herds...

There was a topic at a Game Commission meeting maybe a year ago which was about collared animals being seen that were NOT tagged by Game & Fish. I.e. some other entity (private) was collaring animals to keep track of herds...
Let’s hope that isn’t the case.

In March we caught and collared around 40 deer from San Cristobal , Questa etc than over to Chama and TA. Biopsied tonsils testing for CWD. Maybe one of those?

No reply from anyone with NMDGF ? I love you guys and think you are underpaid and under staffed. BUT why is a CWD study kept a secret ? It was paid for with our licence fees and tax dollars, so why not some transparency ? We the people pay for your salaries and all studies. We just would like to be informed. I can't for the life of me see why this is a big secret. I contacted NMDGF and got crickets. A press release on the study would go a long way to being honest with we the people.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom