New Arizona hunter help.

ThunderBall

I have a friend who wants to start deer hunting. I told her I'd help her. She lives in Tempe. I live in Nevada and don't know of any deer hunting spots in Arizona. Looking for places (units) that can be day hunted from Tempe (if possible) that are easy to draw. NOT looking for a trophy area. Just a decent place to fill a tag. Please message me if you have unit/place to recommend. Thanks in advance and any help much appreciated.

We javalina hunted east of cave creek and saw deer every day. Nothing big and very tough country to bow hunt but there are deer around.

I recommend looking at AZGFD website, look at the 5 year data book. There will be listings for the last 5 years with percentage of draw on 1st and 2nd choice, percentage of success. The book covers all hunted species. There is also a map that would show the units.
37B usually has early and late muley season, good chance of draw with few points. I'm not certain of success, though. 37B is a couple of hours from Tempe, towards Casa Grande and south.

37B is the sleeper unit in Az,I see bucks every year come out of that unit that look like Kaibab bucks, it was tough last year not a lot of water ,just need to learn how to hunt the flats.

Theres big Kiabab type deer in every desert unit. 37B gets a lot of press because its close to town. It also has 450 and 500 tags per hunt. Not an easy hunt and sometimes pretty hot. It's not a hunt for a new hunter. For a new hunter I'd suggest 12AW early rifle. If she wants to stick close to town, then any of 20B,21,22,23,24,24A,24B,37B,37A,39,40A,42 would work.

Last edited:

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom