New Barrel '54' to be exact

330-Trapper

LAST EDITED ON Oct-24-02 AT 06:44AM (MST)[p]I just brought home a new 54 GreatPlains rifle... I want to clean off the oily factory protection which is on the inside, and outside of the barrel...then I want to start shooting again.

I haven't shot for 10years...since I sold my TC hawken for a new bow...

I could use some Good Practical advice on doing justice to this barrel etc...

Thanks all! 330-Trapper

330-trapper: You got my email answer right? The forum I was referring to is the Realtree muzzleloading forum. I moderate so many muzzleloading websites that unless someone identifies which board that are from I have no way of knowing. Sorry about that.

Yes I got your email Bluelk, and thank you for replying!

I am extremely excited about Hunting in our Muzzleloading season...the only downside is that our Minnesota season follows the Bow, and Regular Rifle season.

The Bucks could either be Full in the Rut, or So worn out from the Rut that they're just looking for available food to recover from Regular deer season, and Ruttin so hard...

Anyway I'm looking foreward to our season...Now to buy the powder today....

330-Trapper

330-Trapper where at in MN are you hunting? I'll be down in the SW corner of the state the first week of Dec with my brothers trying to take a couple of deer out of the herd.

Good Luck Viking_Six...

I will be hunting in area's 157 and 159 (Pine County) seventy miles or so North of the TwinCities...

Hope you see the Big One!
330-Trapper

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom