New bows for 2023

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Well after the other thread I think it’s time to maybe retire my Mathews Drenalin to be a backup bow. What’s everyone’s take on the new bows coming out for 2023? Or even a 2022 that a bow shop did not sale. Shooting 72 pounds now but thinking of cutting it back to 65 pound draw. This one should last me 15 to 20 years until I can’t bow hunt any more. Besides I need to buy myself a retirement gift this April. ???
Thanks everyone

I'm shooting a 2021 mathews V3 31" and I really really enjoy it. It is super smooth to draw. Very well balanced and really quiet. I will say that I'm not a fan of the grip that it comes with, but other than that I really enjoy shooting this bow.

The Mathews V3's are pretty sweet. I've liked my Hoyt Ventum a lot and will probably keep it for at least another year as nothing this year is much different as discussed in the other thread. I've put a few shots through a Prime and liked it also. Most of what's out there now is going to feel pretty good compared to the 10+ year old bows. Smoother draw cycles and better back walls.

The drenalin was one of the best bows they made. Second only to the switchback XT!
Better than the new ones in your opinion? Not in a hurry to get one so I can take my time. Heck, the bow I had before that was a PSE SRL-1000. Still take is on hunts as a backup.

I had a switchback xt, and it wasn't even close in comparison to any of the new bows on the market now days. It was a great bow and revolutionary to the industry but doesn't hold a candle to the new stuff.

Currently shooting the V3 31 and love it. Smoothest shooting bow I ever shot.

I just ordered a new PSE Mach 34. If anyone is even considered looking at a new 2023, I’d highly suggest looking into one! It’s pretty unbelievable
I'm really interested in a Mach 34. Hopefully they have some in Vegas in Feb that I can try out.

I just ordered a new PSE Mach 34. If anyone is even considered looking at a new 2023, I’d highly suggest looking into one! It’s pretty unbelievable

Yeah, I looked at some the other day. Had to run out of the store like someone screaming "rat!" in a restaurant.

I've been partial to Mathews and just shot the new Phase4. Pretty sweet shooting bow for sure. Haven't had the chance to shoot the V3X yet (although that's the bow I initially had my eyes set on). I shot a new Bowtech CarbonOne yesterday and I wasn't blown away. I also shot the new Elite Omnia. I will say, I really liked that bow. I didn't think anything would sway me away from a Mathews but now I'm giving it some serious thought.

Have not actually shot any new bows since I bought me Drenalin. Was researching the Phase 4 , but not sold on having to buy only their add-ons. V3X will be my next one to research.

Have not actually shot any new bows since I bought me Drenalin. Was researching the Phase 4 , but not sold on having to buy only their add-ons. V3X will be my next one to research.

One concern I had with the Phase 4 was that the limbs have a rubber dampener that is sandwiched between each side of the limbs (so 4 total). Obviously Mathews wouldn't put out a product they were confident in, but it had me questioning the long-term durability of the design.
Next time I visit a shop, I'll be shooting the V3X as well and the Elite again. For me, I'm feeling like it will come down to one of those 2.

Ok, maybe a tangent to this thread, I won the Matthews Phase4 at the local RMEF banquet and I’m thinking of gifting the coupon to my daughter. I shoot a bowtech Realm and am happy with it. Background - my daughter doesn’t shoot bows but expressed the desire to do so. I’m concerned that she doesn’t have the shooting form so that starting out with a Phase4 bow may actually be unforgiving and result in bad habits. I am in a different state so I can’t spend range time with her to guide her progress.

So should I just focus on a beginner bow and save the Phase4 for later after she takes to archery?

Any thoughts?

Went to the local bow shop intent on getting a Hoyt. Shot the VTM 34 and the Prime Revex 4. After two hours of shooting I left with the Prime. They both shot and handled exceptionally well. The Prime just felt a bit better.
The attached photo is a group at 77yds with a fixed BH, mechanical and a field point.
IMG_0095.jpeg

What was said above. Pick what fits you.

This is why I lean to hoyt. They have 50 models to choose for my body type such has my height to where other brands have one or 2 models and just don't fit.

What was said above. Pick what fits you.

This is why I lean to hoyt. They have 50 models to choose for my body type such has my height to where other brands have one or 2 models and just don't fit.
Weird…..these are all current numbers off the websites…. Hoyt has 11 models of hunting bows….. Pse has 11 hunting models…. Mathews has 8 then add their Mission bows which is 4…. Bowtech has 12 hunting models plus 8 more under Diamond….

Sounds like you haven’t went bow shopping for awhile ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Weird…..these are all current numbers off the websites…. Hoyt has 11 models of hunting bows….. Pse has 11 hunting models…. Mathews has 8 then add their Mission bows which is 4…. Bowtech has 12 hunting models plus 8 more under Diamond….

Sounds like you haven’t went bow shopping for awhile ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

I haven't. Those brands use to not produce much as far as a wide selection. Years ago, I just stuck it out with hoyt. Pse has made several models but I didn't like their stuff so never put it on the have to look at list along with Matthew's.

I wouldn't sell that Drenalin they are a great bow in fact i've been thinking of picking up a used one. I used to buy two new bows a year when I was a dealer but the prices now are ridiculous and I'm not paying $1200-$1,500 for a new bow. They are about the only thing that depreciates as fast as a new car. I'm still shooting an 11 year old bow and it shoots as well as anything new I've tried. My next couple of bows are going to be recurves so I can get back to traditional archery.

Two weeks ago one of my boys purchased an older Bowtech (Guardian) in excellent shape, it had been recently hydro-dipped and new strings for $200 shipped.

As fun as it is to get a new bow to set up and play with I've got four vehicle projects going on at the time and that is sucking up all the funds.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom