New clothes washers

feddoc

Long Time Member
Are they all the same in that water levels are now 'more efficient'?

Got a new one yesterday and it doesnt cover the clothes in water.

The front loading ones are great. I don’t know about the top loading ones. I have heard complaints about some top loading ones without an agitator and low water levels not getting the clothes clean.

The front loading ones are great. I don’t know about the top loading ones. I have heard complaints about some top loading ones without an agitator and low water levels not getting the clothes clean.
The lack of agitator, or a removable one is to ease washing blankets.

I dont like it.

Interesting observation. We have noticed the same thing. I keep our "older washer" in the garage (plumbed in) for my chore and hunting clothes. The top load efficient one won't clean them properly. Its a thumper but it works!

I keep going back to check this one out

9651D735-7A6E-407D-8A4F-5D8D5AA1D8B6.jpeg

Top load heavy duty whirlpool and that's what my hardware deva wife choose. She's been in hardware and appliances for 20+ years and the new high efficiency washers just don't hold up so you end up spending more replacing and fixing them. Where the old school style just keep going for better than half the cost with more cash.

We’ve had the commercial speed queen with an agitator for couple years now. A little spendy but does a good job and much better than the POS Maytag without the agitator we bought 5 years ago. We junked it after about 3 years. It wouldn’t balance worth a damn, the thing was bouncing off the walls nearly every time.

YUP!

SHAKIN BANGIN BASTARDS!

Oh And If You Want Your New Flooring Destroyed As Well!

We’ve had the commercial speed queen with an agitator for couple years now. A little spendy but does a good job and much better than the POS Maytag without the agitator we bought 5 years ago. We junked it after about 3 years. It wouldn’t balance worth a damn, the thing was bouncing off the walls nearly every time.

I just bought my wife the new Speed Queen its one of the best and the new LG works well, but if your buying the cheap washers that’s what your getting

I called a factory rep. Now I am able to add some extra water by mashing a couple of buttons and save that as 'my wash'.

(sigh) I miss the old days. My mom and dad had an agitator thingy, with a wringer on top of the machine. That agitator would likely break your arm. And the wringer thingy hurt like crazy when your five year old dumbass put fingers in it.

I called a factory rep. Now I am able to add some extra water by mashing a couple of buttons and save that as 'my wash'.

(sigh) I miss the old days. My mom and dad had an agitator thingy, with a wringer on top of the machine. That agitator would likely break your arm. And the wringer thingy hurt like crazy when your five year old dumbass put fingers in it.
So did everybody…….. ours had a gas engine attached to the agitator. Y’all think yours hopped around on the floor. Try wasting clothes in the front yard at 40 below zero sometime.

Last edited:
Just last week I saw a new commercial for laundry soap. It actually talks about washing clothes but they still smell dirty wash after wash. But this detergent will make them smell clean. With these new washing machines your clothes don't smell dirty because of the soap. The smell dirty because THEY ARE STILL DIRTY.

The EPA has finally moved on from making everyone use useless gas cans to making us all use useless washing machines.

You were abused as a child. That explains a lot. :ROFLMAO:
Ha…….. misery likes company……..

Guess which version we had……

Actually, these old things were a lot more beneficial than the young generation can begin to appreciate. Even after they were beat to pieces…….

This one looked the most like ours:

Ha…….. misery likes company……..

Guess which version we had……

Actually, these old things were a lot more beneficial than the young generation can begin to appreciate. Even after they were beat to pieces…….

This one looked the most like ours:

Fun fact. The first house we rented after we got married had one of those type of washing machines. There was like a Merry Go Round clothesline in the back yard for drying clothes, and a clothes rack over the floor furnace for drying clothes in the winter. We survived just fine.

Fun fact. The first house we rented after we got married had one of those type of washing machines. There was like a Merry Go Round clothesline in the back yard for drying clothes, and a clothes rack over the floor furnace for drying clothes in the winter. We survived just fine.
Dang right ya did……..

I understand some Governor’s got electric ones now……… an somebody was saying they’re use’em without water. Damnedest thing……….

its weird, you guys obviously have wives yet you seem to know a lot about washing machines. im not real sure what room in my house the thing even is...

So did everybody…….. ours had a gas engine attached to the agitator. Y’all think yours hopped around on the floor. Try wasting clothes in the front yard at 40 below zero sometime.
I nearly did. We grew up in a boxcar in Wyoming with no running water. Mom's washing machine was outside. Us kids took water from the creek to fill it.

Heck, this topic has more responses than a lot of the hunting threads.
By the way, I DO NOT let my wife wash my hunting clothes. Everyone should be able to do their own laundry. Last thing I want is my synthetic cold gear etc washed in with my wife’s zippered sweat shirts etc causing holes in my expense gear.

Feddoc said; And the wringer thingy hurt like crazy when your five year old dumbass put fingers in it.

Feddoc wait till you put your arm in it and it pulls your arm in up to your elbow. takes the hide off of your arm. I know from first hand experience. My mother told me to keep my hands away from the wringer, I did not listen.
One time my dad removed a burned out lightbulb from a living room table lamp, as he walked towards the kitchen to get a new bulb he told me not to put my finger in the lamp socket. I was hard headed, guess what I did and got my hair curled.
RELH

Are they all the same in that water levels are now 'more efficient'?

Got a new one yesterday and it doesnt cover the clothes in water.
Hi feddoc, did you get the washer from a big box store? If so call them and have it returned and get your money back! If that is the case go to a local store and ask them which one will take care of your problems. Also someone mentioned banging if it’s the water line theres a valve that solves that problem you put it on before the water line. Not sure if this helps with your issue

Hi feddoc, did you get the washer from a big box store? If so call them and have it returned and get your money back! If that is the case go to a local store and ask them which one will take care of your problems. Also someone mentioned banging if it’s the water line theres a valve that solves that problem you put it on before the water line. Not sure if this helps with your issue
Its working now. I called a factory rep to get directions on how to manipulate the electronics.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom