New Cody Regional Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposed to be a $500 million shortfall in next year budget for Wyoming......might want to trim back the plans on the building just a bit.

My wife is a school teacher and probably won’t have a job next year. But by all means, build a new fuggin’ building.

Folks WG&F does not take funds form the general pool in Wyoming, license sales fund them. If you do not like it don't apply or buy a license. My spouse has job issues too but it in no way is affected by what WG&F does.
You helped them raise those funds with your license fees so Like I said just don't buy or apply if you don't like it.

The game and fish doesn't get a dime from the general fund. They have been fiscally responsible and managed their funds so that long term investments in infrastructure like this can be made without cutting into their bottom line. Meanwhile the clown-show that is the Wyoming legislature has all but sunk every other branch of state government. I know MH posted this to try to undermine the G and F, but it should do the opposite.

The game and fish doesn't get a dime from the general fund. They have been fiscally responsible and managed their funds so that long term investments in infrastructure like this can be made without cutting into their bottom line. Meanwhile the clown-show that is the Wyoming legislature has all but sunk every other branch of state government. I know MH posted this to try to undermine the G and F, but it should do the opposite.

"You know that I posted this to try to undermine the G&F". So disclosure of facts and plans by the G&F through a newspaper article undermines that organization. How so? Is the cost, the square footage, the location of the structure or the layout of that structure not to be shared with the public? Should it remain hidden?

By the way, are you claiming you are clairvoyant and can read the minds of others? This is the first article I have seen laying out the specific G&F plans for a new regional office. G&F employees have talked about this for a couple of years but never had any information or specifics on the subject. I thought it was newsworthy and that is all. People should draw their own conclusions one way or the other.

You go on to state that G&F has been fiscally responsible. You also go on to say that the Wyoming Legislature is a clown show and has undermined or sunk every other branch of state government. Are these generalized opinions based in fact or just your personal opinions? Do you have some insider knowledge that others are not privy to?

just sayin...mh

mightyhunter my comments were directed at the 3 responses directly following your OP.
Spouse works for the state and I do have some insight as to how their salary is budgeted, don't even get me started.
I do feel the folks managing our wildlife should have the resources they need to do so properly. That includes office space and I'm betting some lab space or at least data collection areas.
And I'll stand by my statement, if anyone doesn't like their choice then don't support them with license apps or purchase.

WYTEX, I’m keenly aware of how the G&F department is funded. I just think that with the current fiscal crunch going on right now, building a lavish facility that will have a bunch of green pickups with state of Wyoming plates on them parked in front of it is in poor form. There’s a time and place for everything. And with the current climate, I don’t believe that now is a good time.

"You know that I posted this to try to undermine the G&F". So disclosure of facts and plans by the G&F through a newspaper article undermines that organization. How so? Is the cost, the square footage, the location of the structure or the layout of that structure not to be shared with the public? Should it remain hidden?

By the way, are you claiming you are clairvoyant and can read the minds of others? This is the first article I have seen laying out the specific G&F plans for a new regional office. G&F employees have talked about this for a couple of years but never had any information or specifics on the subject. I thought it was newsworthy and that is all. People should draw their own conclusions one way or the other.

You go on to state that G&F has been fiscally responsible. You also go on to say that the Wyoming Legislature is a clown show and has undermined or sunk every other branch of state government. Are these generalized opinions based in fact or just your personal opinions? Do you have some insider knowledge that others are not privy to?

just sayin..

just sayin...mh
MH, everyone who spends any time on this forum knows you are an open critic of everything G and F, and will take every opportunity to throw shade on the agency. Your original post was just another attempt to throw gasoline on the fire.
If you are unaware of the current state of the Wyoming State government you either have your head in the sand or you live on an island. Either way, you clearly don't belong in the conversation. Go back to complaining about how short your deer season is and how many grizzly bears you see and leave the complex issues to the grownups in the room.

WYTEX, I’m keenly aware of how the G&F department is funded. I just think that with the current fiscal crunch going on right now, building a lavish facility that will have a bunch of green pickups with state of Wyoming plates on them parked in front of it is in poor form. There’s a time and place for everything. And with the current climate, I don’t believe that now is a good time.
$5-10 million is about to rain down on the local construction economy, would you rather it sit in a bank account somewhere?

$5-10 million is about to rain down on the local construction economy, would you rather it sit in a bank account somewhere?
Do you believe the General Contractor will be from Cody? Or Park County? Or even Wyoming? The only facet of the local economy that will benefit from the construction are the people who own fuggin’ RV parks.

I don't fault MH for posting this in any way or draw conclusions from the post. It is newsworthy, whether you agree with it or not. Those who disagree with the expenditure shouldn't take it out on wildlife by not buying licenses, they should attend and comment at Commission meetings where this is all discussed in the open.

All of you may be surprised to know many expenditures like this use money earmarked for projects and the G&F Dept can lose those funds if not utilized. Not 100% sure that's where this money is coming from, but it might be worth getting more details.

MH, everyone who spends any time on this forum knows you are an open critic of everything G and F, and will take every opportunity to throw shade on the agency. Your original post was just another attempt to throw gasoline on the fire.
If you are unaware of the current state of the Wyoming State government you either have your head in the sand or you live on an island. Either way, you clearly don't belong in the conversation. Go back to complaining about how short your deer season is and how many grizzly bears you see and leave the complex issues to the grownups in the room.
Right now, there is a Wyoming Game and Fish employee and his brother, brother in law and step dad staying in my bunkhouse. They are here for his 54-1 elk hunt. He and his group have been here for a week. The same young man went goat hunting with me last year while we were helping a friend with his tag. I even let him sleep in my tent and my trailer. Oh my.

I am still waiting for your particulars on Wyoming state government. There is a lot of sand in Clark but there are no islands to the best of my knowledge. State and Local governments are under a huge budget crunch in Wyoming. I believe that is a problem throughout the United States. This problem is not likely to change anytime soon.

At almost 66 years of age, I will do my best to try and grow up to please you. After I do, perhaps you will let me involve myself in the conversation. If you don't find anything I post to be newsworthy, just don't read it. That is simple. just sayin...mh

MH,
I have always enjoyed your informative posts and look forward to more in the future; especially regarding the mule deer hunting in NW Wyoming. This site needs Intelligent people like you who are willing and able to attend various game and fish meeting; keep up the good work! I know you will.

My general philosophy when it comes down to government spending, and in this case infrastructure spending...they are:

1.) over budget (delays/additional funds needed to complete)
2.) not needed/redundant
3.) miss managed (local contractors don't benefit)
4.) miss appropriated (existing facility is fine)
5.) scale is greater than the need (5k' facility with marble tile vs. 2k' with ceramic tile)

I simply can't rally behind any government spending any longer. Local, state, or federal....they screw it up constantly.

Being fiscally responsible is paramount....and government has no idea what that means since they have an unlimited flow of tax dollars to spend.

also: how does an agency triple in employees in 4 decades when licenses have (likely) decreased in that time period?...At least I'm assuming deer, elk, and moose licenses have fallen? Sheep tags have remained stable? Less revenues+less hunters= more state F&G employees?

I say build when ya can and as far as needed maybe, maybe not but no difference than any of us, we all upgrade on things that’s not needed guns, atvs, trucks , houses ect ect. And I’ve always thought G&F has been understaffed!! Good for them!!!!

Folks WG&F does not take funds form the general pool in Wyoming, license sales fund them. If you do not like it don't apply or buy a license. My spouse has job issues too but it in no way is affected by what WG&F does.
You helped them raise those funds with your license fees so Like I said just don't buy or apply if you don't like it.
Ty for setting the record straight

I’m sure there are probably more people in the office today working on wolf and grizzly bear management than there were 4 decades ago.

A new Game and Fish building is necessary, teachers sitting home during a pandemic are useless.
Dang. My comment on your grizzly bear thread got you twisted up enough to scour the board looking for something to take a jab at me with? Good to know it’s that easy to get under your skin. I look forward to living in your head. Rent free.

Dang. My comment on your grizzly bear thread got you twisted up enough to scour the board looking for something to take a jab at me with? Good to know it’s that easy to get under your skin. I look forward to living in your head. Rent free.
I’d explain the grizzly bear situation to you, but I don’t have the time nor the CRAYONS big enough for that.

Last edited:
I’d explain the grizzly bear situation to you, but I don’t have the time nor the CRAYONS big enough for that.
You need to check your attitude at the door. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with others on here, but you take it to another level. Your name calling and insinuations aren't becoming...

You need to check your attitude at the door. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with others on here, but you take it to another level. Your name calling and insinuations aren't becoming...
His childish tantrums and obtuseness from other posts, precipitated it, Don’t display your Ignorance without knowing the bigger picture. Besides his unemployed teacher wife can perhaps educate you both and we really could use a new professional building for G&F in Cody.

Last edited:
His childish tantrums and obtuseness from other posts, precipitated it, Don’t display your Ignorance without knowing the bigger picture. Besides his unemployed teacher wife can perhaps educate you both and we really could use a new professional building for G&F in Cody.
If you want to throw barbs at me feel free. It’s all in good fun in my opinion. But I’d advise you to leave my wife out of it. For your benefit.

If you want to throw barbs at me feel free. It’s all in good fun in my opinion. But I’d advise you to leave my wife out of it. For your benefit.
Hmmmm, who was it on here crying about their wife’s poor little employment status. Hmmmmm????? Hopefully now she is unemployed she can improve your obtuseness.

Last edited:
Good grief boys, take it outside.

I bet the state sure tries to hire local, as they are required to use Wyoming contractors but watching all the new UW buildings go up I know just how that works. It will provide jobs to locals and help with sales tax locally and yes even the RV park. Is it locally owned?

At least all the things I was told about you are true. I can't imagine going through life with that kind of attitude.

Yes, they need the new office in Cody.

At least all the things I was told about you are true. I can't imagine going through life with that kind of attitude.

Yes, they need the new office in Cody.
Not sure who your feeble sources are but maybe a professional could help you with those inner DELUSIONAL voices you speak with. I agree, glad we are getting a new headquarters building in Cody, long overdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom