New Elk Area

H

HuntingElk

I have an Elk tag for area 104c, 108, 121 - I understand this area just opened within the last 3 years - want to know if there is anyone who has hunted this area and would have any information. It would be really helpful. Thanks

the only thing i know about the area is second hand and that is that area 121 is the area to hunt in the unit. good luck

Happy Hunting

I saw one nice bull about 330" range by himself on Buck Mountain in 108 last year in September. Saw lots of Mustangs. fatrooster.

Most of the elk have been transplanted in the area of Cherry Creek. I would definately start looking there, as that is where the majority will be, with a few spread out else where. Now would be the time to get out and scout. The bulls should be bugling and giving their location up. If you are not hearing any bugling, then the bulls probably aren't around, unless they have become call shy, which is unlikely in this unit as new as the hunt is.

Later,

Marcial

Thank you for the info - we have been out scouting once and plan to go a couple more times - didn't see anything the first time, but are plan to go back when they start bugling - hopefully we see something then - can't wait for the hunt.

Eager Hunter

Look around Rabbit Creek, it is at the north end of the Egans and around Antone Pass and Telegraph Canyon. I have never been there before but a guy I work with had the only archery tag last year and that is where he hunted and saw some nice bulls. They might not be in there in Nov. Also I have seen elk north of highway 50 at Robinson Summit. Hope that helps let us know how it goes.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom