New England Arms ML

BeanMan

Long Time Member
I bought a New England Arms SB2 rifle in 22 hornet last winter, love it etc, I just visited their web site and found I can buy a muzzleloading barrel for it (you have to send it to the company for fitting but you use the same frame and forend) for $75 Dollars. It is an in line barrel with 209 ignition. My question is do any of you have any experience with this company and the muzzleloader 50 cal. I can also get a variety of shotgun barrels for $36. Sounds good but...

BeanMan

BeanMan: I have never heard of them, but what they propose is fairly intriguing. What impressed me the most about what you said is that you have to send the frame back to them so that they can fit the muzzleloader barrel. Sounds to me like they are not a mass production outfit and take the time to fit the barrel correctly. If you are in touch with them you might ask them who makes the barrel. Let me know what you find out, would you please.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-02 AT 06:40PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-02 AT 06:32?PM (MST)

Bluelk,

Here is the link to the extra barrels etc. You can also link the home site from here. www.hr1871.com/barrelAcc/index.htm I am going to wait until after BP season and then get one plus a shotgun barrel. The reason I am waiting is that I plan to use the .22 hornet for fall turkey (legal in Colorado) starts Sept 1, and it can take 6-8 weeks to get a barrel back.

The site says they are not part of Harrington and Richardson but New England Arms and H&R 1871 are one and the same.

I'm intrigued and I will let you all know how it goes later this year.

BeanMan

I believe that they now own the rights to H&R single shot SG.

The Orchard Mesa Gun shop used to have one, in .54, I think. If you want to look at one. If I remember right, he wanted to much for it...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom