New Fish & Game Director

nickman

Long Time Member
OK guys, believe it or not the Governator is thinking about appointing a hunter / fisherman to the Fish and Games' highest position.

The man's name is Tim Alpers, a resident and long time busisnessman from Mono County. Tim has been in the business of farming trout, which are delivered all over the West. He is an outdoorsman, hunter and fisherman. He would bring real knowledge and common sense to the department.

Given the fact that the Governor and Tim have a positive personal history, there is a good chance for this appointment to actually happen.

On the other hand, it would seem that Arnold has actually gone out of his way to irritate California's sportsmen over the past few years, so I have written him and asked that he make this appointment without delay.

It will be a good thing for anyone who hunts or fishes in this dumbassed state. You could write the Governor too, we need this guy!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-08 AT 10:55PM (MST)[p]Please, Please, Please, MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Thanks nickman, possibly good news! Way over due! I don't think past governers have appointed real, strong Outdoorsmen F&G Directors because they want all the licence moneys to use in the States General Fund without objections, not where it came from... us sportsmen, who are more than willing to pay to support our States Wildlife. Maybe the New Guy could convince the Gov. to change this policy.

whoaaaaaaaaa arnie do something that makes sense? i sure hope so,,,, maybe we could get those aplers to be THE hatchery fish statewide :)

Anything will be an improvement but not sure the guy @ the top can change the attitudes of career employees that have been there for years. New guy could bring positive change to policy.

I think a lot of you don't really understand the problems our state's F&G Department has. Our last director, Ryan Broddrick, was as good a man as we'll ever likely see. I've known Ryan for years, he started out as a warden himself, advanced into management positions, then retired and moved over to Duck Unlimited where he was a very effective manager at the regional level. Ryan only came back to DFG in the hope that he could turn the department around and get it onto the right track. He didn't make the progress he wanted to, and I don't think it had anything to do with a lack of interest or ability to run the department well. The DFG is seriously f'ed up, and it'll take mroe than a great director to turn it around.

I believe that Tim Alpers would be a very good choice, but he's going to need a lot of support to turn the department around, and that'll probably have to start with a groundswell of support, and demand for change, from sportsmen in the state.

^^ Thanks for the input. Stuck out here in Gods country, we don't usually hear much about who's actually running the show at the DF&G. Mostly we understand that our license and tag moneys go to the state, not back to the F&G.

I'm glad to hear your testimony. It clears some misconseptions that i and others may have had.

Still, we've a long way to go in this state. Strong minded, knowlegable, and pro outdoor sports DF&G Directors can't hurt.

joey

WELL.......Tim Alpers was notified this week that he will NOT get the job. Governor decided against his appointment and as usual, provided no reason.

I suppose we will get another bunny huggin', tree faggot, nature faker.

Christ, I hate this state's Government!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom