New Hunt Success???

Has anybody seen or heard if any of the lucky 6 hunters that drew that special season tag has filled their tag? I would expect some nice bucks to be taken with a rifle during the rut.

I would think the state would ask for success pics, I am sure a couple will be nice really animals. Az will want them to further prop this up again for next year. Bet they throw in a Sheep tag to make double the money.

The first time I drew a 12A-W tag was well before the internet. I had a mailbox full of ads from guides and outfitters three weeks before I got the tag in the mail. So, I'm pretty sure whomever drew these tags got contacted by guides and outfitters.

The original Privacy Act of 1974 was intended to protect all peoples info and names, and several states fought it and lost. I used to look at the draw results in Idaho until about 1982. The updated Privacy Act of 2000 prevents the release of any info without the express written permission of the person involved. If you look at the fine print of all these draws, you either check a box saying it's OK or the rule says they get to use it as required!!

I think it actually has more to do with the draw being a matter of public record ala FOIA. But the release of the info is not free. The guides/outfitters pay a fee to the AGFD for the list of names. The cost is based on what the criteria is, i.e. one unit, all units, etc. and/or number of names.

Last edited:

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom