New Kuiu?

slamdunk

I've never been a fan of Kuiu's pattern because I feel it is too dark and blends into a solid dark at longer distances, that's why I love Sitka Gear.

But seeing this new "Valo", I just may have to take a closer hands on look.

Screenshot_20200518-190935_Facebook.jpg

It’s like a vias and 2.0 hybrid. I like the other patterns for where I hunt big game, but I think this would work well for waterfowl! Which means I need some!!

Remember when camo names weren't so exotic?

Brown Camo. And it's still the industry standard.

IF I was going to drop that kind of coin, I remember KUIU picking up the tab for sheep on AI.

They would get my buisness.

KUIU hit my card this morning for $853 worth of the new Valo. I have been wearing Verde for 6 years & never really was a huge fan of the Vias. I really like the lighter tones & patterns in the Valo though.
It almost looks like the product of KUIU & Sitka making a baby. Lol

I might pick some up but I’m so loaded up with vias, verde and my personal favorite solids I lm not sure I need to add it to my arsenal.

i'll pass. they have yet to make a pattern that I am a fan of. just not my cup of tea. I am in the sitka camp and don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

I think your mistaken bud go ahead and look again. More items arriving September 2020 is what I just seen. That doesn't seem to be a resolved issue!

I think your mistaken bud go ahead and look again. More items arriving September 2020 is what I just seen. That doesn't seem to be a resolved issue!
Yes they do sell out of items I was referring to the issue they had when they first started up & they couldn’t get the products into the US.
I haven’t had any issue for a long time of getting what I wanted / needed.

Wasn't FL sold off to an anti-hunting imvestment firm after Renella bought it a few years back?
Would be strange for an anti-hunting firm to continue to produce and sell clothing to help hunters in their quest for wild game?

Last edited:
That’s some nice looking stuff there.

But honestly out of all of the big game animals I have killed over the years none of them would’ve known weather I was wearing camo or a red flannel shirt.

I do like some of the fabrics on that clothing and that Valo pattern looks made for the western states., but wish it wasn't so cost prohibitive. Just can't see spending 400 to 500 dollars on a set of clothes when military BDU's and a camo shirt will work for me. To each, their own as the saying goes.

Honestly camo patterns are just marketing to appease the human eye. I buy guy gear off performance not the camo patter (A lot of my stuff is solid colors to begin with) Probably my favorite hunting pants right now are Fjall Raven’s which are “mountaineering” pants. We all know the best camo is beating the wind and limited movement.. Fred Bear is proof of those things

Sitka has the best pattern to hide from people. But their inseams are for hoppits. First lite has a size that is all most long enough but Dont make it in their guide lite.
KUIU has 1..One.pant with all most long inseams..all of them but first lite have sleeve length dificincys. plan to buy 4 KUIU base 97 hodies but they haven't had 3xl since December. Only fit because of the thumb holes..Stretch! But they are lite enough.None of the "mountaineering" company's have inseams that will reach the top of my boots. I will buy more KUIU attack pants one pair in this valo. Prefer solids. I guess its time to accept that i have to wear gaitors every day.

It's all about the stretch,"two way, three way four way" that stretch is nice around the crotch and thighs.

Noticed that these high tech clothing outfits seemed to have missed the fact that there are those of us out there taller than 5'10". Hard to find inseams that are 34", and you are lucky to find those. I got to go at least 36" or I am in highwater country...lol. Going on a sheep hunt with a buddy this year and may have to suck it up and look a little harder. That cost though....SMH. :oops:

I take the bottom hem out of my Kuiu Attack pants to make them longer. So far it's worked really well. If you need longer you can put a false hem in and gain another 3/4 inch or so.

I love my First Lite Obsidian pants, stretches well in all the right spots and its merino wool which is hard to beat. I'm 5' 10" and thicc, so inseam is generally least of my concerns.

I'm in the "camo is all marketing" camp, my hunting clothes have to be functional, my obsidians are "dry earth" or brown, and a lot of times i wear my issued long sleeve multi-cam under-layer top. Solid olive/brown colored torso with multi-cam sleeves.

Play the wind, use the terrain, and keep your movements small and deliberate. If they see or wind you, no camo pattern in the world will get the shot you want.

My grandpa who taught me hunted in jeans and a flannel, and that guy ranks among the deadliest hunters I know of.

lol....and it still only hides you from other hunters and fills a few pockets with $$$$$

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom