New Member Intro

dihardhunter

Long-time lurker, first-time posting. Been impressed with some of the detailed knowledge that forum members are willing to share, and there are simply a lot of contributors that spend a lot of time on the mountain. If anyone wants information on NW Montana spring bears, SW Colorado OTC archery elk, Region C Wyoming for deer, Wyoming antelope (0-5 PP options), those are some of my more recent trips where the info is recent enough to still be relevant.

Have lived in various Eastern US locations all my life, but have been out West every year since 2003 to various states in pursuit of various species.

My vocation - and I use that particular term purposefully - is a wildlife researcher/faculty member working currently for Ohio State University. I've been in my current post going on 4 years following 10 years of post-HS education that took me through a master's and PhD research project. Extremely demanding but highly rewarding journey I've been fortunate enough to take. Working at OSU in a school named The School of Environment and Natural Resources, I spend quite a bit of time guiding students on either end of the spectrum (Environment OR Natural Resources) towards a more balanced perspective of how we relate to the world around us.

My passions align with my vocation and I am fortunate to have a father who introduced me to the outdoors at an early age. Now with 2 young children of my own, that cycle starts anew.

Last years adventures included cashing out a handful of antelope PPs w/ my dad, his hunting buddy, and 2 good friends of mine in south-central Wyoming. We spent 8 days chasing speedgoats, doing some fishing, and exploring RMNP before flying back East out of Denver.

81155day417.jpg

A month before that trip, I spent 10 days with my elk hunting buddy in an OTC archery elk unit in Colorado. First 2 elk tags of the last 10 that our group has failed to fill - a tough tough hunt with zero shot opportunities, but hard to complain when you're in the mountains. I guess our odds were due to come back down to earth.

My elk-less freezer filled up quickly with 3 Ohio public land whitetails and a late season rifle buck from North Carolina.

I am building points in several states this year and jumped on the Alaskan savings late December 2016 to fulfill a decade-long dream of hunting Kodiak Island. I am taking dad along, 2 buck tags in each of our pockets, for a 10-day trip in early September. Hoping to tag out in 6-7 days of hunting in order to have a little extra time to do some salmon/halibut fishing.

>You sure you want to do
>this? mtmuley

Oh sure, MM is no more (or less) dysfunctional than any other of the hunting forums out there.

"MM is no more (or less) dysfunctional than any other of the hunting forums out there."

Flattery won't get you very far around here. :)

Do you hunt turtles?

Hey Gabe!

Pull that Cinch up Tight!

And CowBoy-Up!

Nice Job!

[Font][Font color = "blue"]I Changed My Signature Just for NVB!
Like 6 Damn Times Now!

Nice first post! It's not too late to turn around and go back where you came from. Just sayin.

>Nice first post! It's not too
>late to turn around and
>go back where you came
>from. Just sayin.

He'll Be Fine!

Just Don't tell him about the Basement!(AKA Political Forum!)

[Font][Font color = "blue"]I Changed My Signature Just for NVB!
Like 6 Damn Times Now!

See what I mean...normal levels of forum dysfunction...big dogs come up to sniff the newcomers then freshen up their scent posts, normal levels of keyboard sarcasm, yada yada...

Been in general vicinity of Strongsville, but not in it. Not too far from there to parts of Cuyahoga National Park.

Turtles, ha - nope, though back when I bowfished on a semi-regular basis, I took a few shots at some soft-shell turtles. Guess if an arrow had struck home, I'd have been surfing the Internet for a turtle soup recipe.

Anyways, thanks to all for the welcome. It's not in my habit to post too often on forums, only when I have something informative or useful to contribute, when I'm responding to questions, or when I'm genuinely interested in soliciting some useful feedback. From the past (lurking here and other places), I have learned that an ounce of prevention (making a thorough Introduction) is worth more than a few pounds of cure (asking questions then getting flamed off forum boards for dropping in unannounced).

Best~

All in good fun DHH. This place is like a bed of roses, just gotta watch out for the plicks!

>All in good fun DHH. This
>place is like a bed
>of roses, just gotta watch
>out for the plicks!

Which ones?

>>All in good fun DHH. This
>>place is like a bed
>>of roses, just gotta watch
>>out for the plicks!
>
>
>Which ones?

If you have to ask...... LOL

Zeke

A hardy welcome young man. You're going to be a valuable asset here in the outdoors twilight zone. If you've lurked lone, you already know there is great knowledge, mixed with ass-in-nine option, stacked from one arm chair to another, at these campfires. It will be good to have another professional in the caldron, every once it a while it's not a bid idea to check in with someone that's had both an in-depth college education, mingled with genuine field experience. Novel but refreshing to be sure.

Looking forward to hearing from you and following your adventures......

First question. Does your wife want breast enhancements? :D

DC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom