New Mexico - 23 Burros Coues

Landing208

I drew the NM 23 - On Burros Coues Buck tag for December 4-12!!!

I have been a long time lurker on this forum, but first time poster. My original plan was to DIY with my brother, but circumstances have changed so I will be flying solo. I have already contacted Tommy (crazyaboutcoues) and will be utilizing his mapping package.

If anybody wants to tag along, meet new people, look at new country, and glass for the grey ghost, you are more than welcome to come along. Feel free to shoot me a PM.

Wish I would have seen this post earlier! I would have helped you out Landing208. I have been hunting 24 for a few years for whitetail and a little in 23 Burros for mulies and have seen WT. I had the WT hunt in 24 this year right before Thanksgiving, it was tough. We'll see what i drew this year, I put in for 23 and 24 this year for WT.
I too would like to know how you did!
How did you do vichris?
Jeff

Wish I would have seen this post earlier! I would have helped you out Landing208. I have been hunting 24 for a few years for whitetail and a little in 23 Burros for mulies and have seen WT. I had the WT hunt in 24 this year right before Thanksgiving, it was tough. We'll see what i drew this year, I put in for 23 and 24 this year for WT.
I too would like to know how you did!
How did you do vichris?
Jeff

Sorry, Forgot I posted on this thread. We saw lots of mule deer and elk but only 3 Coues does. No bucks at all. I have seen bucks in the past but not on this hunt. Saw some incredible nice Mulie bucks.

I Drew the late whitetail hunt in 24 this year would be grateful for any starting points I will be heading down from Nevada also looking for any info on a outfitter thanks

Thanks Vichris.
It is a tough unit for both WT and MD.
I really contest to NMFGD that in the past 10 years it is a "quality" unit. Low population/low quality/poor management make it tough.
Barsranch should chat with you about the Burros.

Hikeandhunt-you have your work cut out for you. WT in unit 24 is as tough as 23! LOL. I have had a couple WT tags in 24 for the November hunts.
Jeff

I Drew the late whitetail hunt in 24 this year would be grateful for any starting points I will be heading down from Nevada also looking for any info on a outfitter thanks
How did you draw this tag already this year?

Never mind, I thought I was in the Arizona forum… My apologies, I hope you have a great hunt….

I don't have any references for outfitter in NM-24. I've seen a few youtube videos by Gila DNA that seem impressive but I can't vouch their reputation.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom