New Mexico 2B Suggestions

Bowhiker

I drew the 2B Nov. 7-11th rifle deer tag and I am looking for any suggestions on an Outfitter/Guide for the hunt. I know the area a little but want to ensure I am with someone who knows the area really well to up my chances on a good buck. The area isnt what it once was when I began putting in for it 16 years ago.

Dave montoya of droptine guides and outfitters or Anthony Hampton of Hampton Trophy Outfitters are the guys that kill the biggest bucks each year. If i was dropping the money on it I would probably book with Anthony. He is easy to find online. If it were me I'd stay away from Largo Canyon Outfitters but that is just my opinion. Not that they do anything illegal or anything like that I just know how they hunt oftentimes and it doesn't appeal to me. again, all of this is just my opinion, but if i ever move away from here and came back to hunt i'd probably book with anthony as i feel he provides the best chance at a great deer.

Last yr. 2019, myself and my brother in law both drew buck tags, I booked with Dave Montoya, my brother in law booked with Anthony Hampton. We were both well satisfied with our choices and would use both again. Dang it,I just need to draw a tag again !

Dave Montoya helped me when I had the tag 6-7 years ago, I didn't actually pay him but I ran into him and we exchanged a few messages, he didn't have to help me at all but he did, and didn't ask for anything in return. His advice was spot on too. If I had the tag again and was going with a guide, I would go with Dave. BTW I am NR and never met the guy before. Hope that helps.

I had this tag 2 years ago and had a horrible hunt. I saw 2 legal bucks on my hunt....and there had been a ton of snow fall in Pagosa weeks before my hunt. It didn't seem to help get the deer down into NM. I feel even if you hire a guide, the deer may not be in the unit. I guess the guides would know where some good resident deer are though in the lower stuff. Not sure how much a guide costs but it may be your best bet at killing ANY deer. Good luck!

I know there are bears around....you may want to consider a bear tag as well. Not sure how you get one....

South of 64 are resident deer and most of the great bucks killed are from this area.The guides in this area know this and consistently put big bucks on the ground regardless of southern CO snow or migration.You may also call GT Nunn, Frontier Outfitters.He has a couple of amazing guides who also have great skill sets in finding the big everything ...If GT or his guides set out to find the bigs , they will find the bigs...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom