New Mexico Antelope

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
I'm just about to put in for the rifle hunt for antelope in New Mexico. I have chosen my unit hunt choice and wanted to know which unit in this area would be be the best for antelope hunting. The unit hunt is ANT-1-105 and the hunt area choices are 41, 42, 44-49, 53-58. Of these which should I pick and why. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Which ever unit Wagon Mound is in. Great antelope hunting. That's the same unit bucks & bulls outfitters lease out of. You can go to their website and see the quality of goats taken. I've been on the Ojo Feliz a few times, and it had by far the best quality of bucks I've seen in Northern New Mexico. But, I'd rather hunt further south toward Carrizozo if given the choice.

You will need to look at a land status map to get a clue where the majority of State Lease, BLM, or Kiowa Grasslands is. Public tags are issued to ranches that have public land. The Red River Ranch slightly north and east of Wagon Mound has a good chuck of State Lease as does the Jaritas mentioned above. Another spot to check out is east of Maxwell on the Circle Dot. Ranches south of Sierra Grande are good and have good amounts of lease. This area is south of Des Moine in the NE Corner. Your odds if your applying in the NGNR are about 8:1. If you went with the help of an outfitter, your odds go to 1.33:1. If you don't know a reputable outfitter, click on the Guides and Outfitters Search on this site. You might just see JFW Ranch Consulting. Awesome outfit. He can help, I know.

There was mention above of state leased land, Kiowa Grasslands, etc. I was wondering if the state land, Kiowa, Ft Union Monument are open to public hunting or do you have to get permission?

Thanks guys for the info. I will help me make my final decision. I've never applied or hunted antelope in New Mexico so I don't know exactly what the procedures are and what to expect. Thanks for all info. Mickeyelk

can't remember what unit, but try to go to the colfax/union county area. i think more good bucks are taken from here than any other part of the state. in 2 years we hunted a ranch that was south of clayton on hwy.56 about 20 miles out. the first year we went 10 for 11 with several good bucks and 1 B&C taken. the next year was better, although no B&C, we had 16 for 16 with 4 or 5 bucks between 80 and 82".

rifleman1, Congrads on your bucks! Sounds like some great animals. Did you go on a guided hunt or somehow purchase landowner tags? If you want to email the details I can be reached at: [email protected] Thanks!

Hello I lived in NM all my life my brother drew youth hunt aug 13-15 unit 42. I was wondering if anyone had any tips anything will help just me and my little brother

the only ones upset are the male Karen’s that had to comment something and start it ? you older people think that you guys are something lmao ? you guys commented something stupid so I responded. Here we are still commenting on this post and I told you and your pal to message me personally or just keep running your mouth. It’s simple be the man you think you are and message me personally or stfu pal. I gave you to choices and we will determine if you are a old fart that loves to be a key board warrior?
I'm straight kid, not interested in hearing your chest pounding via pm. Go pick on someone who might be afraid of you. You probably won't find anyone like that here.

the only ones upset are the male Karen’s that had to comment something and start it ? you older people think that you guys are something lmao ? you guys commented something stupid so I responded. Here we are still commenting on this post and I told you and your pal to message me personally or just keep running your mouth. It’s simple be the man you think you are and message me personally or stfu pal. I gave you to choices and we will determine if you are a old fart that loves to be a key board warrior?
Says the keyboard warrior that can't even find a speed goat. The easiest damn animal in NM to hunt. Too bad you didn't learn any respect from your parents. Just a mouthy youngster.

You’re an interesting kind of fellow.

Says the keyboard warrior that can't even find a speed goat. The easiest damn animal in NM to hunt. Too bad you didn't learn any respect from your parents. Just a mouthy youngster.
That’s funny so you are such a bad ass hunter you never asked for tips in a certain unit? I would love to see that. But something about you tells me you are the one out there shooting what ever you see and wounding the animal? I learned respect for my parents did your mom and dad tell you to treat others like you want to be treated? You and your pal commented something stupid so I responded back and I’m sorry you to can’t handle that. I find it funny that I’m supposedly the key board warrior but yet you and your boy haven’t messaged me ? What’s wrong you and your pal can’t message a youngster? Lol ?

That’s funny so you are such a bad ass hunter you never asked for tips in a certain unit? I would love to see that. But something about you tells me you are the one out there shooting what ever you see and wounding the animal? I learned respect for my parents did your mom and dad tell you to treat others like you want to be treated? You and your pal commented something stupid so I responded back and I’m sorry you to can’t handle that. I find it funny that I’m supposedly the key board warrior but yet you and your boy haven’t messaged me ? What’s wrong you and your pal can’t message a youngster? Lol ?
I don't hide behind PMs.
I also choose to scout rather than come on a forum and beg for help as soon as I join. You could get off your butt and go look for yourself. You coming on here and acting like an internet tough guy is a little hypocritical, don't you think? You obviously learned nothing from your parents. I get it that you have more to your story (google is fun) and maybe a good reason to be so bitter, but you won't get any sympathy from me. Go find your goat.

I guess that answers my question. Sorry man I’m not like the rest of them youngsters I got raised not to be scared of someone that’s older than you and to never let them talk down on you. Like I said I’m sorry you and your pal thought you guys could comment something stupid just to look for attention. But when it comes to it you and your pal are quite now. Don’t be a ? all your life trust me you can do better

I don't hide behind PMs.
I also choose to scout rather than come on a forum and beg for help as soon as I join. You could get off your butt and go look for yourself. You coming on here and acting like an internet tough guy is a little hypocritical, don't you think? You obviously learned nothing from your parents. I get it that you have more to your story (google is fun) and maybe a good reason to be so bitter, but you won't get any sympathy from me. Go find your goat.
But yet you are still commenting on here looking for attention? I have scouted the area before I even asked ? I commented on here hoping that maybe someone could share some insiders about that unit instead I found out there’s a couple of male Karen’s that are such bad ass hunters supposedly. Do you have a fb account!? That’s what fb is for is to be a key board warrior on that platform.

Again, too bad your dad didn't teach you anything. You probably won't get too far in this world running your mouth like you run your keyboard. You still have time to amount to something, but that time gets shorter everyday.

Again, too bad your dad didn't teach you anything. You probably won't get too far in this world running your mouth like you run your keyboard. You still have time to amount to something, but that time gets shorter everyday.
Again to bad a youngster stood up for him self to some low life old men thinking that they are funny commenting stupid stuff. My dad would be very proud of me not that much 24 year olds with a college degree,house and making 75,000 . To be honest I think I’m doing a pretty good. I’m having fun and living my life. I just love finding male Karen’s that are keyboard warriors. Life’s to short buddy Covid is over you can stop and enjoy life. My favorite part is you and your pal are older and think that you can comment stupid stuff and get some type of special treatment back. Sorry you couldn’t handle it. You still have time to enjoy the rest of your life, but time is getting shorter every day.

You said fb is for keyboard warriors. I see you know all about that. I’ve never had a fb.Speaks volumes…
I can’t tell if you are another male Karen’s. Covid is over pal get up and enjoy life don’t be like the rest thinking you are funny or should I just bow down to you because you are older? Witch one do you prefer?

Again to bad a youngster stood up for him self to some low life old men thinking that they are funny commenting stupid stuff. My dad would be very proud of me not that much 24 year olds with a college degree,house and making 75,000 . To be honest I think I’m doing a pretty good. I’m having fun and living my life. I just love finding male Karen’s that are keyboard warriors. Life’s to short buddy Covid is over you can stop and enjoy life. My favorite part is you and your pal are older and think that you can comment stupid stuff and get some type of special treatment back. Sorry you couldn’t handle it. You still have time to enjoy the rest of your life, but time is getting shorter every day.
You must have picked the wrong degree. We are less than 15 years apart if you are born in 88 and the one I read about online. Sorry for your bad luck in life. Like I said, plenty of time for you to grow up.

You must have picked the wrong degree. We are less than 15 years apart if you are born in 88 and the one I read about online. Sorry for your bad luck in life. Like I said, plenty of time for you to grow up.
I guess you are to flustered to read the whole thing haha I said I am 24 if you can see that? The 88 is my old middle and high school football number haha ? good one though you almost had me haha you are 47 my guy and getting ragged on by a youngster ?

I guess you are to flustered to read the whole thing haha I said I am 24 if you can see that? The 88 is my old middle and high school football number haha ? good one though you almost had me haha you are 47 my guy and getting ragged on by a youngster ?
At the end of the day, I can find my own antelope. See, you are right back at square 1.

This poor child is still living out his junior high years. ? He thinks 75 k is good money because he has a college degree. CONGRATULATIONS! He’s young, he will figure it out one day I hope. Good luck on your antelope hunt.

This poor child is still living out his junior high years. ? He thinks 75 k is good money because he has a college degree. CONGRATULATIONS! He’s young, he will figure it out one day I hope. Good luck on your antelope hunt.
Big foot you are probably the funniest one out of the group. your old pitiful ass just loves typing and talking mess behind your computer at home. The rest of the Karen’s already went to bed ? by the way the average annual income is 55,000 and 24 year old making more than the average American is pretty dam good on my book. But not for big foot because you are such a rich wealthy man haha ?

Big foot you are probably the funniest one out of the group. your old pitiful ass just loves typing and talking mess behind your computer at home. The rest of the Karen’s already went to bed ? by the way the average annual income is 55,000 and 24 year old making more than the average American is pretty dam good on my book. But not for big foot because you are such a rich wealthy man haha ?
Wow, surprisingly you got something right in that little rant of yours. Keep that antelope meat clean and it should taste good.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom