New Mexico Application Change and Outfitter draw.

JFWRC

Very Active Member
New Mexico has made it simpler and harder at the same time to apply for all special hunts including Pronghorn . The department will now allow a person to apply by credit card with a charge of $6. If you draw, your credit card will then be charged the full amount. Although simpler and less expensive, this will no doubt make it harder to draw as more applications will come in. The outfitter draw was not affected by this change as a specific contract and outfitter number are required to make it into to this special draw. I suggest you download the stats as posted on the Department website and look at the odds in the non-guided and guided catagories using the 78% res, 10%NGNR, and 12%GNR quota. You will see that the odds are much better using an outfitter. If you'd like info on how to draw that coveted NE New Mexico antelope permit in 2004, shoot me an e-mail. Jim

SE odds look great as well. Pull the stats up on the website under the Hunting Information tab. If you need help let me know.

Is anyone having any trouble in calculation of the odds? You do have to get your calculator out to get a real look. Also, don't overlook going to 2001 and 2002 to see a trend.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom