New Mexico Elk processing

Kalalau

Can anyone recommend a game processor in western New Mexico near unit 16B? Just want to start planning if we are lucky enough to get an Elk this fall. Thanks for all your help with this.

Last edited:
Last time we hunted down there was in 2019, the processor we had used previously in Silver City was closed and had to go to Las Cruces to get an elk processed.

If you’re anywhere near Magdalena, I’ve had really good luck with Heads and tails. I’ve got the number somewhere. If you need I can look it up but simple internet search should bring him up.
Guy that owns the place is a little off but he does fantastic work. Both with meat cutting and taxidermy. No bone dust or hair left on the steaks is important for me… Anyway, kinda nice to be able to drop everything off in one stop…

Thanks Guys, I found Head & Tails. Magdalena may be on our way home. I'll check out Las Cruces too. That could be on our way home too if Magdalena doesn't work out.

No problem. You’ll enjoy the drive out to Magdalena if you go. I dropped off an antelope on the first hunt out there. Can’t believe how green it was everywhere.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom